500 well looks like 500 project

trainrider06

suspended indefinitely!
It happened again! Soon as I plugged the damn Kbar into the computer
there went my USB ports!
I noticed my servo's pegged out also. Either something
with this particular unit is damaged, or the cord itself....
Either way this project is dead till I can pay for another round
of computer repairs, and get a BeastX. I'm done with this
Kbar! I can't afford to plug it in anymore! :(

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that sucks big time. Yeah, two times of frying your computer, I would be tossing that thing out a moving vehicle.

On a side note, the good thing about the BX is that you don't use a computer to set it up! It's all done on the gyro.

EyeStation

It looks to be a pretty stable BeastX clone. Read up on it after DavidDutch posted that.
[video=youtube_share;QyT8T0cVwhw]http://youtu.be/QyT8T0cVwhw[/video]

DavidDutch

have 2 and i find them awesome, only there are 2 versions 1 for sats and one without. and you can find them incl. shipping for about 32USD

trainrider06

Dude, that sucks big time. Yeah, two times of frying your computer, I would be tossing that thing out a moving vehicle.

On a side note, the good thing about the BX is that you don't use a computer to set it up! It's all done on the gyro.

Believe me! i just about took a hammer to this thing! But the good news is, after scowering the internet on how to try and get my drivers back on the computer, I found 1 little lowly post....the guy said to plug in multiple mice, or keyboards.....
It worked! A bright spot in this mess!

- - - Updated - - -

have 2 and i find them awesome, only there are 2 versions 1 for sats and one without. and you can find them incl. shipping for about 32USD

I looked around for those things and found one on Amazon for 89.00 bucks....a far cry from 32.00.
I don't know...now I am very gun shy about these knock off's. I know I know, many have had great luck with all of em, and even a Vbar BeastX can fail. But man this is really got me worried. I just at this time don't have ready cash to be throwing around buying this or that, or worse screwing computer up, or crashing my heli....

DavidDutch

on ebay they are around 36USD link

I have both Kbar and TGZ380 I didn't have problems with either one of them , but I guess if you are the unlucky one pffff I fully understand you. However the TGZ I have for about 1 year and works flawless, even people with the real BX and TGZ say they perform exactly the same only at 100USD difference :)

Especially on my 500 it performce very well. The reason that I put it on my 500 is that the Kbar can give you problems with brown-outs (especially with sats :wink:, and since I have a special 500 with BIG servo's I went for the TGZ380 and I love it (I don't use sats , normal RX802 receiver walkera)

trainrider06

on ebay they are around 36USD link

I have both Kbar and TGZ380 I didn't have problems with either one of them , but I guess if you are the unlucky one pffff I fully understand you. However the TGZ I have for about 1 year and works flawless, even people with the real BX and TGZ say they perform exactly the same only at 100USD difference :)

Especially on my 500 it performce very well. The reason that I put it on my 500 is that the Kbar can give you problems with brown-outs (especially with sats :wink:, and since I have a special 500 with BIG servo's I went for the TGZ380 and I love it (I don't use sats , normal RX802 receiver walkera)

So with the TGZ380 one would need a receiver also? Or is that Xtra insurance?

Tony

Staff member
That I'm not real sure about. There are no ports for a satellite, but in the pictures they are showing it going into the ELE port. So I'm not sure how that is wired up.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I came to conclusion that i will stick to my AR7200BX. My flight buddy has v bar version of this clone Gyro and he spends a lot of time on the computer while i spend my time flying. AR7200BX/Ikon, you pay more but you get what you pay for, Quality!

DavidDutch

you have the adaptor cable supplied with it to connects sats. I dont have sats because I don't fly spektrum :) So you can choose what you want to connect.

Edited by Tony, Watch the cross talk please. We are all here to help each other out.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah, some folks like to adjust things all the time. For some the fbl is never tuned to their liking. For others they like the out of box setup. So you really can't gauge based off of how much PC time one has with a gyro.

The only way to determine what the best gyro is will be to try stuff and see what you like and what you can afford.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom