Website Upgrade, Please Read

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I have just upgraded the forum to the latest edition. If you notice anything that is out of place, or doesn't work, let me know and I will fix it. Thanks everyone.

RandyDSok

The main home page ... http://www.rc-help.com is missing... blank white but when you go to ../content.php it is there so I'm guessing there is a missing index.html or index.php

Not seeing the chat on the bottom edge...

Everything else looks like it works but if I find other issues I'll post here

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Randy, I don't know how I missed that lol. Friggin bookmarks lmao. I have opened up a ticket with vBulletin to figure this out. All of the settings with the forum are correct, so it has to be with the upgrade. Just have to wait and see.

As for the chat, I have been thinking about putting the old chat back in so that it's easier to chat with everyone, but still have a way to PM each other. With the chat that was on there, you can PM quite easily, but the public chat was not used that much. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

RandyDSok

I know of several possible work-arounds depending on how the actual webserver is setup as well as which type of server you are on...

If it is an Apache webserver edit the .htaccess file in the root folder for the website and add the following line to add content.php to the existing line if it exists...

DirectoryIndex content.php index.htm index.html

If no .htaccess file exists... just create one in NOTEPAD or other text only editor... please note the name just has the "period" followed by "htaccess" ...

Another method... copy the content.php to index.php and test to see if that is a supported home page name or not...

If neither of those work... make an index.html or index.htm file with the following content...

Had to remove my sample HTML... I'll email it

PS... Crud... I see your forum is setup to parse HTML code even when it is enclosed in code tags... You can see the actual code I typed if you select to edit this post... if that doesn't work... I can email it to you.

I'd recommend that you disable HTML in posts by anyone other than admin's and mod's you can trust... it is a security issue if left enabled.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I have ment to disable HTML in all sections of the forum, but have not gotten around to it just yet. The forum isn't really that big to worry about it, but yes it is still an issue. I know quite a bit that I can do with it lol. But i like to keep it on here since most of what we do is video, and embedding it is something that is a lot easier with HTML.

I do have a chat up and running on the forum index page. I'm still working it out though. Background color needs to be changed.

Tony

Staff member
I'm still working on the issue of the www.rc-help.com page not showing up when you directly type in that address. I have reloaded the forum, and there is no change. The code that Randy posted works on this site, but then it will also mess up all of my other sites. I will have this worked out soon.

RandyDSok

The code that Randy posted works on this site, but then it will also mess up all of my other sites. I will have this worked out soon.

Yeah things like that happen when you don't mention that all of your websites are sharing one .htaccess file... which is an odd setup to say the least.

Tony should now have it resolved ... after he told me of the issue we made some minor changes to the file to account for all of the websites...

Tony

Staff member
They are all up and running, but I have other issues to deal with now with the server. The site may be going down for a while so that I can resolve these issues. This means moving to a faster server for my two big forums. The other sites will stay right where they are.

Top Bottom