Web site colors

Nade

Hello Tony,

I was corresponding with a "friend" from another site and told him about Rc-Help.com. Very nice guy and thought he could add to the site so he checked it out. The one comment he made was the black and orange was difficult for him to see on the screen.

Just thought I'd mention this in case there was ever a consideration about making it an option to be able to change screen colors.

Tony

Staff member
The only problem with adding another theme is it would double my workload when it comes to upgrades and custom pages on the site. Once I do it to this theme, then I have to turn around and do it to the other theme as well. I used to have a light style (called Ice) on here, but like mentioned, it was hard to create pages for both themes. I will see what I cna do though just to see if I can make it happen. But it's going to have to get a lot easier to modify everything for me to take it live. s

Nade

No problem Tony. I suspected it wasn't a simple thing to add or maintain. Just wanted to mention it, if for nothing else but my own edification. Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Down at the very bottom of the forum on the left side, there is now a drop down box. I have enabled "Ice" so that your friend can hopefully read the text a little better. It's missing some things that are on "Fire", but it's a light background for those that don't like the dark. Hell who knows, maybe one day I will make a light color scheme the ONLY scheme on the site.

One thing you will notice is the sigs are light on some members profiles and very hard to read. This is one of the reasons I got rid of it. Click around the site and tell me what you think about "Ice".

Nade

Tony, that was nice of you to activate ice again. Personally I think it's a great looking option/alternative. I noticed what you were referencing that was difficult to read was part of murankar's signature that's in bright yellow. I'll let Jon know you made the change.

Thanks again Tony!

Tony

Staff member
I had forgot that I deactivated it until you said something. But I also remembered that I have made many changes to Fire but never touched Ice. I may try to get to it soon and copy things over. Sadly, I have to do it one page at a time, and I think I have created something like 40+ custom pages and a LOT of custom code. You may notice that the header doesn't dock at the top of the forum on that one. That is a lot of coding by itself. I will see what I can do though.

murankar

Staff member
I have been on fire ever since it was activated. Thats a long time. Got so used to it. I think I am gonna stick with fire for now.

Nade

I like it better too. That's the first thing that turned me on to the site so I'll stick with fire.

Top Bottom