we are at IRCHA!!!

Derek

Once again, this place is awesome!!! We saw the SAB Goblin Power Hour! What an awesome show!!! Several Goblins smacked the dirt. We did register to win a Goblin 500 and 700. Didn't get my numbers called today. Maybe tomorrow.

Horizon Hobby put on an awesome show with the new Blade 700x and other helicopter. A few hit the dirt.

We are heading to KFC for dinner. I'll report back later.

Derek

Ok, we are back at the hotel after some really great flight demos from SAB Heli Division, Mikado, Horizon Hobby, Gaui, and many many semi pro's. The age of this year's pilots range from 7 years old up to a super nice guy in his 60's. I got some pictures today but I'll surely get more tomorrow. I'm charging up my lipos tonight so that I'm ready for some flying tomorrow.

Derek

I forgot to mention that I stopped by the RCBooya tent and picked up a set of push button canopy nuts for my Trex 500 and I got a 13 tooth pinion fromthe Align tent. Mega awesome!!

Time for a shower and then some sleep. I'll report back tomorrow!

Derek

Wow!!! We are having a great time!!! We have seen some more awesome flights, horrendous crashes, and even witnessed an awesome mid air head on collision between a Goblin 700 and a Gaui X7. BOOM!!! Parts everywhere and lipos burning.

I met up and talked with kenjack. He is the guy that sold me the metal tail for my 500. Fantastic guy!!! We shared stories and some great laughs. Thanks for meeting up with me, Ken!!

treff

Bit worried there when you said one of the guys was in his 60's Damn that's old for flyin helis.

Derek

Unfortunately, I did not get the crash on video. I did get some video of some other flights and I got quite a few pictures of many heli's and a few multirotors. I'll go through the videos and pictures when we get home and I'll upload what I can. It's a bit after 1am and we are back at the hotel after watching the night flights. There were 3 helis that went down during the night flight.

We might head home tomorrow...not sure. We are booked at the hotel til Monday. I think I may just sleep in tomorrow then find a park nearby for some flying of my own.

murankar

Staff member
Hey thats a lot for one person to take in. You gotta work up to that much flying in 4 days. IRCHA has got to be a blast regardless.

Derek

IRCHA is an awesome event. So many professional pilots from around the world. Hundreds of semi pro pilots. Probably several hundreds people and then there are pilots like myself. Its just amazing to see how well all these people can fly their helicopters.

Derek

ahhh, it's nice to be home! My wife and I had a great time at IRCHA 2013! I'm gonna get things unpacked and then get the pictures and video transferred to my computer. I think there are a few bad pictures but I'll share the pictures and video that I did get.

Tony

Staff member
There was a video of a guy getting hit by a 700 on facebook. He touched his tail to the ground, stripped the gears and it just came at him. Not sure if he was okay or not.

Derek

Yes, there was a guy that got hit....just as you described. He was very lucky in an unfortunate and serious situation. He had some bruising from the blades but no blood was drawn.

EyeStation

There was a video of a guy getting hit by a 700 on facebook. He touched his tail to the ground, stripped the gears and it just came at him. Not sure if he was okay or not.

Holy Crap!!!!
[video=youtube_share;T6ZGta2El_I]http://youtu.be/T6ZGta2El_I[/video]

wolfman76

HOLY CRAP was An understatement he was unbelievably lucky and it was a nitro to boot... Amazing how fast kids can move when need be...

Top Bottom