Watt Fest 2017

Geena

Staff member
This weekend I attended Watt Fest 2017 in Riverview, FL. It`s an electric only mixed event that I have been attending since 2012, and it is a lot of fun.

Although it is mostly airplanes, there are usually a few of us who fly helicopters. The thing I like about about this event, is I`m just another pilot and I`m under no pressure to be a demo pilot. I just show up and fly...which really puts the fun back in fun fly.

I got in a bunch of flights, and did end up doing one little demo flight for one of the airplane guy`s 10 year old son. Who had never seen a 3D helicopter fly.

I also won a couple of things in the pilot raffles as well. My first prize, was a $25 gift card for Ace Hardware I`m gonna use that to buy a couple gallons of denatured alcohol for cleaning the nitro machines.

My second prize, was an E-flite Power 110 295kv brushless airplane motor. So it looks like I`ll be building a pretty sizable airplane to put it in now...lol. I`m already shopping for airframes...BTW.

In two weeks, I`ll be going back to Riverview, to attend the Fall Heli Smackdown. Which is one of my favorite Florida events, next to OHB.

Then on November 3-5, I`ll be attending the Flite Test South event in Lake Wales, FL. Which is another mixed event. This will be my first time at this one, but I`m sure it will be fun too.

Then it`s OHB in December. Man ...do I have a busy fun fly schedule this year...LOL.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Gina. Wow what a busy schedule you got going on. That's great! Keeps you busy at what you like to do, fly and entertain people with your talent. Show them what you got girl. Have fun doing it and Enjoy.

Top Bottom