Servos Watch the cheap servos

Gerald

I am trying to keep my rc budget light.....very light, the master of the finances "AKA" wife, keeps tabs on me! So I am using 9 gram servos and they have been doing ok, however the last 4 I bought off ebay from an american seller, have been giving me some grief. I have every thing set and tightend on the push rods, check and set my travel limits and high and low rates on the bench. get to the field, turn on the radio and hook up the plane battery and the rudder or the elevator will be way off. like it lost center, so I reset the rod and fly the plane and its ok. I get home and charge the batteries hook it up , now its back the other way. some times they keep humming and jitter. This is driving me nuts!:banghead: I thought well I must be putting too much angle on the rods or too much tension, I completly re-do the push rods and they move super free and son of a gun happens again. So I looked at the servo shaft and the arm......lightbulb..... I measure the height of the shaft 0.108" The depth of the arm 0.131" The arm socket is too deep and is binding the servo when I put the screw in. So I will be sanding down the arm to keep the free play and see if that fixes it. I know you get what you pay for but If any body has an issue like this may be this write up will save you some grief!

sarconastic

Thanks for the heads up. I will check my servos tomorrow when I get a chance. I too used the 9gram blue Tower pro servos. Will let you know my findings too.

Woody

sarconastic

Ok your right. Measured my servo horns they are .126-.130 deep and the servo shaft itself is only .110 tall. definite problem if you don't catch it. A sanding I will go. if I had a tiny washer that would fit in there I would use it though.

Top Bottom