450 Warp 360 got some Hawk tail

heli-maniac

The Hawk tail rotor is shorter so it makes a smaller disk . its way small with the 59.6 Radix blades
So i put the 62 Fusuno blades to bring it back up it is still smaller with the 62mm blades

Lee

Looks great Jesse. I'm gonna go slightly different from you. I'm keeping the stock tail grip assembly and upgrading to the Hawk tail box and side plates.

heli-maniac

I wish they would sell just the tail box seeing how i already have the side plates
But yea that tell box is sweet looking . have you seen there carbon fiber boom 7 mm thick and you have to use their tail box for it

Lee

I'm a bit weary of carbon booms after my experience on the 450 with bd vibes. I'm still running the original thin boom. We'll see when i crash, what i'll get next.

heli-maniac

But with it being 7mm thick over the new 4mm boom and belt drive i dont see it having tail vibes

- - - Updated - - -

Took it out to see how it would work
and not good still got A slow tail wag and I'm as low as i can go on the gain

Tony

Staff member
If the tail is hunting (going slow back and forth) then you need to raise your gain. If it's a tail wag (back and forth really fast and hard), then lower the gain. I'm sure you know this, just posting on what I read.

Tail looks good.

heli-maniac

I think it has to much mechanical gain and I need to move the ball closer to center on the servo arm
The specs say 12mm center if i recall But warp owners are say that is to much
I have a servo arm that i can try on it that is A 7.5 mm center

If the tail is hunting (going slow back and forth) then you need to raise your gain. If it's a tail wag (back and forth really fast and hard), then lower the gain. I'm sure you know this, just posting on what I read.

Tail looks good.

Lee

Yep move the ball in. 7.5 will be fine mine is at 8mm. The manual say 12 but its way too much.
I think i mentioned that in my build thread.

Top Bottom