Walls Vs. Carhartt (review...sorta)

bigone5500

So for years I have threatened to get one of those jackets from walmart branded Walls. I have wanted one for work as I work outside 99% of the time. My sister gave me a carhartt coat which is sorta big on me but alas does fit. I have worn it a few times and although it's a good jacket, I don't want to wear it to work in. So I bought a Walls hooded coat yesterday. It's labeled 12 oz. cotton duck, whatever that means. I didn't know ducks were made of cotton... The quality is just about as good as a carhartt and just as warm. The carhartt I have is retailed at about $110 and the walls sold for $53. I think later I may go back and get a set of the overalls they have and complete the set.

murankar

Staff member
The thing you'll find about Carhartt is that the clothing for the most part is super rugged and will withstand any abuse you throw at it. I will admit not all of their products are tank tough, for I have destroyed a pair of ripstop pants of theirs in about 4 months. Yes They are deteriorating and my giblets are no longer private when I wear them.

You have to make sure you are getting the work cloths stuff and not the everyday wear stuff. I am so glad I got the pants at Gabriel Bros and paid over half price for them.

Top Bottom