Micro Walkera new micro heli genius cp

Wanaero

Guess you all love the mcpx, but has anyone tried a genius cp.

It cost more than an mcpx. But it has no screws that would complicate the repair.
I'm still thinking on what to get.

What are you reviews?

Tony

Staff member
I have never heard of or seen this heli. How are the boards and servos held on if there are no screws? I sure wouldn't want it to be a melted plastic kind of setup. Do you happen to have a link to this heli?

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to post this video. This guy you may have heard of, and he is a pretty good pilot. And here are my opinions on this heli just from looking at it in this video.

I am a Blade fan when it comes to micro heli's. I love the mSR, and I love my mCP-X even though it's broken right now lol (bad crash inverted into asphalt). With that said, it looks like that Walkera is heavier than the mcpx. The servos are clearly larger (meaning heavier) and the main gear looks flimsy. When I was watching it fly, it seemed that the heli was just heavy in flight. this may just be the video though.

What I like about it is the links look stronger than the mcpx's. They seem to take crashes about the same (my crash that crippled mine was HARD lol. Seeing that a 9 minute video used 3 batteries (according to the editing) means that they have about the same 3 minute flight time. I like that they have a "flymentor" like system on the heli with the 6 axis gyro for beginners. But, that could prove bad for those that know how to fly.

I'm torn whether or not I like this one. I would have to fly it before I made a final decision. Depending on price, I might give it a shot, but I won't pay anymore for that one vs the Blade mCP-X, and I paid $161 shipped from Hobby-Lobby.

If you end up getting one, let us know what you think about it and post lots of videos.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j5FFkQbQ7So?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wanaero

Cheesy song in the video, but it looks like a very good heli in comparison to an mcpx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wanaero

Yeah, i will be getting one as soon. One guy from US i saw on helifreak bought it for 239usd with a devo 6. That is way more than an mcpx which is 179usd.

Hopefully when i get it, i would be able to master it's flight and post a video here.

Tony

Staff member
I think $179 is about what the mCP-X is running. I was able to talk my way to a lower price on my heli. So, it's right there in range with Blade. And with the 6 axis gyro, you shouldn't have a problem flying this heli. I would start out with it on 6, and once you learn how it's going to fly, then switch to 3 axis. But, do this over a smooth surface. It may sound funny, but grass and carpet can actually do more damage than smooth concrete or tile. I found this out the hard way with mine. First flight, I wasn't ready for it to tip over, and I had a blade strike on the carpet and broke a link lol. But, it ships with extra links so it was just a learning experience. Hope to see this one in the air very soon.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, and in that video you posted, I don't suggest that you try flipping it back over with the motor like they did. That can and will burn up a motor or ESC pretty quickly.

Lee

I was looking at this one last week. It gets good reviews. Most people saying that it has pros and cons against the MCPX. I like the look of the Devo 6 TX. But i'm not going to buy one unless they make a BnF version for Spektrum. I also like that you can buy it already upgraded to Brushless motor.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well looking at the videos, it looks like a pretty durable heli. I do not think I would buy one myself but, who knows!

Wanaero

I just got one dealer selling me at 189usd rtf.. haha.... Now what's left to think is.. worth it or not... Need to find more reviews

Wanaero

Ok i just ordered my very own Genius cp straight from China but not without flirting with their customer service asking for a great price. And indeed, what i get was probably the lowest. 229usd rtf with 2603 transmitter.

zapster

I still havent made my mind up as to what small MCPX/VO200/Genius CP to get seems the blade micros will be my choice.

j1273

Ive owned 2 Walkeras and was not impressed by the quality or flyability of either of them.
I had the 4#3b and Lama 2-1
Jay

Top Bottom