General Walkera Master Cp Servo

Admiral

Walkera don't give much in the way of specs, but as close as I can work out 7.6-6 servo are Analogue & plastic gears and the 7.6-9 servo are Analogue & metal gears. They should be interchangeable but if it on the cyclic you should change all three.

Capn Pete

Walkera don't give much in the way of specs, but as close as I can work out 7.6-6 servo are Analogue & plastic gears and the 7.6-9 servo are Analogue & metal gears. They should be interchangeable but if it on the cyclic you should change all three.
Thanks for your reply. I was kinda leaning that way and was hoping that was right as I had already purchased them! Very new to all this. Just read a post regarding the 'feathering shaft'. What is that? Where is it? What does it do?

Admiral

Hi Capn Pete, the feathering shaft basically hold the two blades together while allowing them to rotate in opposite directions in a CP (Collective Pitch) helicopter.

This is the feathering shaft on an Align 450L, if your going to fly CP Helicopters you will soon know all about feathering shafts and how to change them with you eyes shut, you will change so many of them.

feathering shaft.jpg

Capn Pete

Hi Capn Pete, the feathering shaft basically hold the two blades together while allowing them to rotate in opposite directions in a CP (Collective Pitch) helicopter.

This is the feathering shaft on an Align 450L, if your going to fly CP Helicopters you will soon know all about feathering shafts and how to change them with you eyes shut, you will change so many of them.

View attachment 19329
So it's located in the rotor head and I'm assuming is easily damaged. What are symptoms of a damaged feathering shaft?

Capn Pete

Thanks for the photo, too. Now it makes sense. Should've guessed what it was by the name. Will definitely check it out. Good info. Thanks.

Admiral

What are symptoms of a damaged feathering shaft?

Remove one blade and use a Hex drive to turn the hex nut clockwise the remaining blade will stay stationary if the shaft is OK or will move up & down if the shaft is bent.
A bent shaft makes it impossible to maintain blade tracking.

Capn Pete

Remove one blade and use a Hex drive to turn the hex nut clockwise the remaining blade will stay stationary if the shaft is OK or will move up & down if the shaft is bent.
A bent shaft makes it impossible to maintain blade tracking.
Aha. Can do. Dunno how I would've gotten that info without you. Is blade tracking when each blade follows same horizontal arc? Thanx. Sorry for so many simple questions. Am really new to this.

Admiral

Is blade tracking when each blade follows same horizontal arc?

Correct ! Don't apologize for asking questions, that is what this site is all about.

There is a Library full of "How to Videos" that may also be of great help to you on this site.

Capn Pete

Correct ! Don't apologize for asking questions, that is what this site is all about.

There is a Library full of "How to Videos" that may also be of great help to you on this site.
Thanx, Admiral. Really appreciate help. When I first started, I didn't know where to ask questions. Site where I bought from were useless. As I like to say: " When I first started, I knew less than nothing. Now I've learned so much, I know next to nothing!"

Top Bottom