500 Walkera 450D03, Thinking

Dennis H

I know I probably have posted a few comments about the Walkera 450. For some reason, I feel very comfortable flying this heli straight out of the box. And I don't give up easily.

I have played around with it a little bit and found the electronics are proprietary to the Walkera's. Trying to find spec's on servo's, ESC, Motor, etc., is almost impossible. Trying to make others work with the Walkers is almost impossible. Keep in mind, I have set up maybe 4 other Heli's with these same Gyro's.

You know most aftermarket Gyro's and ESC's want spec's in their software, and this is usually no problem with any other Heli.

So I will jump to the main question.

Has anyone tried installing a Gyro (like a Skookum or 3SX) to their Walkera 450? I would love to have some of the features offered, especially by Skookum 720's w/GPS's. I can do it with a Trex 450, but I am going in circles with the Walkers 450. Again, I like the way it flies is the reason I am not giving up.

Let me know your experiences before I burn anything else up. I would love to find a system that plug and play's straight out of the box.

Thanks,
Dennis

mbleckley

I know I probably have posted a few comments about the Walkera 450. For some reason, I feel very comfortable flying this heli straight out of the box. And I don't give up easily.

I have played around with it a little bit and found the electronics are proprietary to the Walkera's. Trying to find spec's on servo's, ESC, Motor, etc., is almost impossible. Trying to make others work with the Walkers is almost impossible. Keep in mind, I have set up maybe 4 other Heli's with these same Gyro's.

You know most aftermarket Gyro's and ESC's want spec's in their software, and this is usually no problem with any other Heli.

So I will jump to the main question.

Has anyone tried installing a Gyro (like a Skookum or 3SX) to their Walkera 450? I would love to have some of the features offered, especially by Skookum 720's w/GPS's. I can do it with a Trex 450, but I am going in circles with the Walkers 450. Again, I like the way it flies is the reason I am not giving up.

Let me know your experiences before I burn anything else up. I would love to find a system that plug and play's straight out of the box.

Thanks,
Dennis
Hey Dennis,

Actually I am in the process of making my walkera V450 Spektrum dsmx compatible with the Ikon 2 FBl unit.. Once I finish it I'll definetly let ya know how it does and what I had to do to make it work..

Dennis H

Actually I am in the process of making my walkera V450 Spektrum dsmx compatible with the Ikon 2 FBl unit.. Once I finish it I'll definetly let ya know how it does and what I had to do to make it work..

Please do. I would love to make this combination work.

Dennis

murankar

Staff member
If you are replacing all the electrics then go with standard 450 electrics. The only thing I would be concerned about is the servo mounting tabs. Other than that any 450 motor will work. In case your wondering the scorpion 2222-8 is a solid 3500kv motor. Your esc of choice would be the 50amp hobby wing or the 45 amp scorpion commander.

Servos, any 9 to 12 gram servo should work.

Look for this stuff used. You should get decent prices in case nothing mounts right.

Dennis H

Has anyone made any progress installing a new Gyro in their Walkera 450 D03?

I am still at the drawing board, I have made some headway, but not enough to report about.

Dennis

Top Bottom