Vinyl Update & Painting Video Suggestions

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, just an update video on the vinyl decals. I'm also asking for suggestions on what you want to see for painting videos on lexan bodies. Have a watch and post your suggestions below. I would like to hear from everyone on this. If I can get this going enough, I will even start doing some canopies and maybe even some custom monokote for you plane guys.

Vinyl's & Painting - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Let me start off with saying, I LOVE ghost flames. The issue is, they look best on dark colors. And when you are racing a small vehicle, you need a bright car, or mostly bright anyway. My idea for this was for a white front nose that fades back into florescent yellow, with my signature color in the rear with a black bed cover (just natural for an SCT). However, if I can ghost something in, I will. Will need to get some clear metallic first though. Didn't order any of that in my $60 paint order lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Cool, I'm shur you'll sooner or later you'll do one or a bird canopy whatever. In ghost flames lol. Cleaned off my work bench yesterday. Might start working on the f7f Sunday. I ordered some paint assorted colors from e bay lady year. There were lots of differant colors including metallics! For around $60. Also got some paint from I think hobby lobby too. I have a plain white with black windshield canopy for my 600 that I was going to do up. Just never got round to it. Plus a f 350 body for the t maxx.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds like you are starting to get up and around in your own house. That's great news bro. and yes, I may do a show body that will never be run at the track. Only time will tell.

wolfman76

Let me start off with saying, I LOVE ghost flames. The issue is, they look best on dark colors. And when you are racing a small vehicle, you need a bright car, or mostly bright anyway. My idea for this was for a white front nose that fades back into florescent yellow, with my signature color in the rear with a black bed cover (just natural for an SCT). However, if I can ghost something in, I will. Will need to get some clear metallic first though. Didn't order any of that in my $60 paint order lmao.

Now about dark metallic ghost flames first then the white over that should stand out nicely. ...

Tony

Staff member
If you do dark flames then back it with white, they will no longer be ghosted in. They will stand out.

Tony

Staff member
It will still show up quite predominately against the white. Even a silver metallic will show up with quite a contrast. About the only way that I can do it is with pearl, and I'm not putting pearl on my truck lmao.

wolfman76

You should check out squirrelod painting videos on YouTube he does pretty cool stuff. .

Last edited:

wolfman76

Found a new guy tony check out NeoNotCFX channel on YouTube does a step by step on how to lay down true flames...

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I really don't want to check out any of them. If I do, then I will end up using the same techniques to show how to do it on my own videos. I try and do everything myself without copying anyone else. After I do the videos, then maybe, I will check them out. But for now, I need to do it myself and find my own way to do it.

wolfman76

I agree with you on your ownway of doing things i am the same way. ... but if you have never done a New type of painting before you have to learn somewhere and you can always modify it to your own technic... I am always up for new ideas. .. with that being said I can't wait to see what you come up with buddy. ...

Tony

Staff member
IT's still going to be a while yet. It's all about my house right now and that is going to continue into the new year. Just not a lot of time right now.

Top Bottom