General Vintage Aircraft

whiskey jack

Hi Guys,
I am a new member that you can call "Whiskey Jack". For those who don't know a "Whiskey Jack" is also known as a "Canada Jay". Now this little bird is very clever, he will steal the food from or hand or your frying pan depending where you are.
When I signed up the question was asked what my interests where. I replied restoring vintage models. Admiral asked if I had any pictures and I responded that I did not. However , I will try to post some soon with the help of my granddaughter who is a whiz at that stuff.
In the mean time, I let you know that I have a "Gentle Lady" that has been converted to a motor glider, a "Falcon 56" which came to me as a basic airframe, so I needed to add servos, a fuel tank, modify the landing gear, well you guys get the picture.
It is gratifying to see a vintage model, that no one wants anymore, to fly again.
Take care and stay safe. WJ.

RandyDSok

My Dad scratch built a Gentle Lady and really enjoyed flying her... I can't recall what color he used on the fuse, I'd guess just white.... but I do remember the wings were transparent orange.

While I remembered the name "Falcon 56" ... I couldn't picture it... so I googled it and see it's a Carl Goldburg model... They were always well respected models even if I don't have any experience with them.

My kit's... were Sig's ... My first was a Kadet Jr that never excited me ( as a kid... lol ) but is certainly a good trainer none the less. My Dad took it over, flattened the wing out and put ailerons on it... He enjoyed flying it but it'd become the ugly duckling.

The last kit built I made was the Kobra done in their "F-16" style tail. In fact, I still have it and it's never been crashed... of course that may have to do with it having never got completed. I had moved out of the folks about that time and never got the money to complete it ( ie motor, gas tank and radio gear ). I had a .26? Supre Tiger motor I could have "stole" off of the Kadet Jr... but never did. As for the radio.... it needed at least a 4 channel and the 3 ch I had just wasn't going to cut it.

As for pics... on a Windows computer... you can just drag and drop them in the post window as long as they aren't too large in size ( space wise... dimensions don't matter so much ). ( ps... the black thing in the front of the fuse, is an impact socket that was heavy enough to keep the nose down for the pic )

Kobra_Top.jpg

Kobra_Bottom.jpg

whiskey jack

Very nice model rdsok. Doesn't look like it would take much to get it airworthy. A nice project for build season, if you have one. In my neck of the woods that lasts from November to the end of March. Plenty of time to work on restoring a model or two. WJ.

Admiral

Looking forward to the photos Jack, I know the problem of getting photos, I had heaps for them going back to the early 60's when I started with Free flight rubber & gliders then control line and my first venture into RC, unfortunately my ex-wife decided she likes them more then me and won't part with them. Go figure it's been 30 years as they say Hell has no fury. LOL

Top Bottom