General Video Camera Troubles

Derek

I didn't see a section for "FPV Cameras", so I put this thread here.

If you would, please take a look at the following video and see if you can help me out. Instead of me trying to type it all out, I figured a video would be better.

I sure do hope someone can help me sort this problem out.

Video camera Troubles1 - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
What is the voltage range of the board cameras? And I don't think you said what the output voltage is of the green plane but I'm guessing it's 12v. If it is, then you have a 12v camera and it won't run on 5 volts. If that is the case, just plug it directly into the battery and only send the video to the VTX.

Derek

I never even considered that, Tony! I just checked the website to see if they mention the voltage range for the camera...unfortunately, they don't show any specs for that. I'll go check the box to see if there is a manual or spec sheet.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that was an easy thing to find. Both cameras have a "12v IN" spec on them. So, you must be right about the voltage, itself, being the problem. Now, I think I know the answer to my next question, but I'm going to ask it anyway for reassurance. All 3S packs, when fully charged, are generally very close to 4.2v per cell...sometimes even 4.3v per cell, equally 12.6ish volts per cell. Will that .6 volts harm the cameras?

Derek

Hey Tony! You were spot on! Thanks for catching that! I now have just the signal wire going from the vtx to the camera and I have a set of red and black wires that come from the battery to the camera. I powered everything up and now I have video in my Fatsharks. Thanks again!

It's a shame that I have to work the next two days...otherwise I'd surely be out flying.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Derek, sorry for the late reply, had to pass out last night so I could get this load to the consonee this morning. The .6 volts shouldn't hurt the camera. I'm guessing that camera cna handle 11-14 volts or somewhere in that range. Glad you got it sorted though, that's what matters.

Top Bottom