450 vibration and bladess sound like baseball card in bike spokes.

hawk-i

Hey guys I recently had a mishap with one of my 450 clones and after setting it back up again with new main and feathering shafts (0 pitch @ half throttle my heli developed a vibration and the blades seem to make a lot of noise when spooling up. Any help would be appreciated. the tracking seems to be ok but it's like something is out of balance. when I hover it acts like it's going to shake itself apart.

Tony

Staff member
Pull out the main and feathering shafts and make sure they are straight. Check your blade grips and make sure they are not bent. Also check your center head block and see if it's bent. Lastly, check to make sure the blades are secure in the grips. When there is no bolt in the blade grip, you should have NO play. The grip should lightly sit on both the top and the bottom of the blade. When you tighten the bolt, it should tighten evenly and securely.

Tony

Staff member
Just thought of this, and it almost caused me a crash, and it did cause a member to crash. Check every linkage ball on the helicopter. Servo, swash and head. Make sure to thread lock every single one of them.

hawk-i

Thanks guys. I'll look at those things tomorrow. Had to work late tonight so no time. Starting to get darker sooner now so flying time is limited darn it.

hawk-i

The tail seems ok and the links were tight. I had ordered some real align main shafts and tried one of them. That seemed to have cured my vibration problem. Think I'll just order real align products only from now on. The new shaft I got off e-bay at a deal is not much of a good deal if it bends on spool up. Thanks for all the help anyway guys.

Be careful with ebay stuff , I had some mainshafts off there and they were 5mm shorter, they will work but only after you alter all the servo link lengths

Top Bottom