600 Vibe 50 is ready for breaking in.. Hope it flies! :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Rebuilt the engine... checked everything.. had to use the fan puller for getting the hub out. The scres provided with the puller were too small and freakin stripped the holes on my hub...

I used longer ones, and then some twisting, and finally I got it out. YES.. the last user had gotten some loctite or something in there..

Engine had a broken rear bearing.. and apparently this heli has had some 3D flying.. the guy shimmed the head, for higher fuel percentage and power.. I took that off as I am gonna use only 15 percent or 30 percent..

Video of breaking in will come soon..

You dont thing that half stripped holes will create an issue. ?? will they? the screws got secured towards the end, so the end part was not stripped..

let me know! i'll update y'all! :)

here is my setup..

DS8717's all over
GY501 with S9253
Pushglow
OS #8
Life battery
Multigov
magnet on clutch rpm sensor
Carbon Fibre blades (which I will put GF for now until I get confident with this heli.. those are the only carbon fibres I got.
120 degree setup
AR6200 with satellite
Os-50 sx-h
Curtis Youngblood Mp5-50 muffler

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Big mishap almost happened. I am still shaken.

I was trying to break in the engine of this heli, and all of a sudden, cause I was so rich, and head speed was low, and I was trying to fight the little wind I had and still move the heli around to keep the engine rpm changing. All was fine till I got disoriented .. (cause i hadn't put my canopy on... BUG MOSTAKE!)

Bad bad bad!!!!

Man! The heli started going towards. The road ... And I tried to control it thinking I am tail in, nope... I wasn .. I was pushing it towards the road and on coming cars... Man! This huge thing came down to 4ft off te ground, and in the way of a coming truck.

The guy stopped for me, it wasn't a fast road. But I was waaaay out of line to let go there.. The guy pulled into the shopping center , I ran to him and apologized.... Man that was just so scary..

Never am I gonna fly without a canopy. I controlled it finally got oriented, saved my butt.

Finally broke the engine in.. Tuned it .. Flew four tanks.. Engine is all beautifully tuned. All that's left is to replace the tail Tt gear, that I stripped because the last tank, when I landed the skids coughs some grass, and tail touched the ground, causing gear stripped!

Man! This was awesome day! But I learnt a huge lesson!

Moral of the story, try not being by the roads, and always have a canopy on !! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Live and learn bro. If a TT gear is all you have to replace, your very lucky. You could have caused a bunch of damage to a car, put it through a windshield and hurt someone and destroyed your heli in the process. This was the best possible outcome.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hh yeah.. Tail Tt didn't break then ..

Then I got it in control and got it high and safe on empty land..

Tail Tt gear went out on a final landing in the last tank.

But that's exactly what i was scared of when heli went out of control for a moment, causing damage to life and property ... Heli was the last thing on my mind at that moment .

I hear ya though tony!

Lol

Tony

Staff member
Don't get me wrong bro, I wasn't chastising you at all, I think you did a great job of bringing it back under control. Most people would have just cut the throttle and let it hit the earth, but you knew to give full collective and punch that thing into the air so you would have time to recover. For that, I say "Way to go :clap:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh no!! I totally didn't take it like that. I was just telling how much I wanted to we myself then.. Hahahahahahahaha

Top Bottom