600 Very Rough Nitro Heli Tuning

Tony

Staff member
Have a member that needed some help with tuning, so I thought I would put a very crude and basic tuning video up. This video was for him, but I figured I would create a thread on how to do a rough tuning. If anyone has suggestions, just post them up. I'm always learning as well. I do more tuning by ear more than temp. The helicopter engine will tell you when it's getting pissed off. If it's high pitched and raspy, it's pissed off. If it has a deeper tone and belching a LOT of smoke, it's happy. For some reason I can't get my helicopter to hit 2150 or 2200 rpm head speed. I have to lean the crap out of it to do that. So I stick to about 2000 rpm head speed (IU1 in this video). I did get it to go up in the end, but the engine was a little lean. Not enough to immediately hurt it, but I did richen it up when I landed right before burning the crap out of my clutch! Man that sucked...

But here is the video. Again, this is on my personal page and is not an official tuning video, but I thought it would help those that are having an issue with tuning a nitro heli engine while I'm trying to get my helicopter setup to do an actual video. I really need a camera person lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom