General Vertical jitter

treff

My 450 has developed a vertical jitter, moving up and down rapidly about a quarter of an inch.
I have checked every thing for tightness. There is no slop in the head and no play in the main shaft.
I have checked the feathering shaft for tightness and all the balls on the swash etc. This heli
is pretty well all Align now with mostly new parts and has not been crashed. The jitter has just developed over
the last few flights. It is flyable but I just wondered if anyone had come across this before. I mean't to do a vid
but it is freezing out here so just thought I would put this up to see if anyone had a solution. Cheers.

Tony

Staff member
If the balls are all tight, the links have no slop and the main shaft is not moving, then you are only left with the servos causing this. But, that is pure speculation at this point since we have not seen it. Just going off what is in my head (and that could be a bad thing hahahaha). Post up video if it keeps happening, that will be able to tell us more. I know it's cold, it's cold here as well (0ºC).

treff

Cheers Tony. That was my thought about the servos. I will wait to see what develops so to speak LOL. Yes really cold -6 here yesterday and
not much warmer today. I can not get the wife outside to hold the camera. LOL Thanks again.

It's a little off topic here treff but if u have an iPhone u can get a kit called Miveu, it allows u to strap the iPhone to your chest so u have ya hands free to do what ya need , it cost me about $100 so probs about £60 for u , I use mine for mountain biking and for all my flight vids , it's Awsome and comes with a wide angle lens , it transforms the iPhone into a proper video camera , check my vids , not for the bad flying lol I'm a newbie , but for the Miveu kit

treff

Thanks Andydrew1964, yes I do need to get something. All my camera kit is on the large size Canon d2 and d3 I was thinking of the gopro
I like the look of that and the add-ons you can get are quite amazing. We will have to see what Santa brings LOL Cheers

Top Bottom