VB4, VB5, Or XF?

What Forum Version Should We Go (or stay) With?

• VB4 (Current Version)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • VB5 (5.1.0 since it does work, and it does post without double posting)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • XF (fastest forum software, but missing blogs, articles and thousands of broken links)

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
Don't get hung up on the revenue. We only tested that part of it for a few days. And I did send out a LOT of emails, so that could account for the increase. But, won't know until if/when we change back over to it.

Tony

Staff member
About the only thing that I saw was the facebook platform and the editor. Minor bug fixes. Hoping they come out with a much better version here soon. We are now on 1.3.1 I think. I'm looking forward to 2.0. I'm thinking it will have the articles in it.

Tony

Staff member
Keeping this post alive. I have NO idea why this forum started working faster, and neither does my host. They made no changes at all and I have no idea what caused this. Because of this uncertainty, Teh poll is still open for votes. Test each of them out, then post your findings. THIS THREAD will chose the fate of RCH! I will put it this way, the forum has not made enough money today to buy a pack of smokes... It's dying, fast.

murankar

Staff member
Didn't know it was doing that bad. I did notice nit a lot of people have been on lately.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not sure if people are not seeing the ads, or if they are just not clicking them. I do know my lack of videos and posting is one thing that is hurting this site. I'm trying to get caught up before I have even less time on hand...

Can't believe we only have 13 votes... Maybe it's time to just revamp RCH... Just sayin'

HeliDinoRC

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have been super busy at work and haven't had much time to browse the forum. I voted for XF. I read through all the posts here and agree with everyone.

XF will mean work for all of us members. If we all pitch in and remap our own links as we think of them it will take much of the burden off of Tony. I am up for it. It will be work but, again, if we all share the load the forum will slowly rebuild and grow. This will also give us a chance to redo/edit some of those videos, threads, etc. with our new equipment, better lighting, new back drops, etc. This will give us a chance to insert those edits that we thought about after watching the videos but didn't take the time to fix because in our minds we thought the posted video was ok.

Change is work but change is good for the growth of the forum.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure. Some stress has been eased for a while with this forum starting to work correctly. I have no idea why the forum started working like it should with no double posting and faster responses, but it's doing better.

I would like to ask the members this. With the forum working as it should, do you want to change your vote? Or do you want to stick with the XF vote? Please respond.

pvolcko

Stick with what's working. If it goes to hell again, hopefully you'll know what changes and be able to fix it. The email dist system for notifications sounds like a very likely culprit.

And if it can't be figured out, then do the switch then. No reason to upset the apple cart once again when the major issue is no longer an issue.

cml001

Well yeah.. I agree Paul, but "if" the change will be inevitable.. Y not start now before more links fail.. The more that's created on this version the more that would be lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Well broke, not lost..

pvolcko

If it's inevitable, perhaps. I don't know if it is. I don't think this would have started if not for the out of control double posts.

cml001

Well.. So long as RCH is here.. I'm happy... This is by far the best rc forum on the net in my opinion. I'm thankful to this site & all it's members... Could do what I do as well in this hobby without the support of RCH.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of double posting issues, Tony, if they are no more you could take down the header message about it.

treff

Yes I think a move to XF will be the best overall and putting the old RCH into an archive would be a great way to go.

Tony

Staff member
Here is my thinking on the forum. I think this gives us time to give XF a chance to get a CMS system as well as a Blog system in place so that we don't lose anything. The links in the search engines will be rebuilt (which is what the spiders are for) over time, but waiting for the CMS and Blogs to come out is what I think would be the best idea. Then, when we make the change, no information is lost. All I have to do is run a script and maybe redo all of the links in the forum.

It's running smooth, it's running fast, I just hate to kick a runner while he is winning.

And I forgot about the banner. I have removed it as well as the old one that said to clear your cookies and cache. Sorry about that.

murankar

Staff member
Since its working I would leave it for now. I would continue to work with xf just in case you need to switch.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom