General V912 swash plate not level, ????

sarconastic

Ok so I got my V912 and then took it out and flew it. I ad to add a ton of trim to get it even remotely able to hover, so i decided, Chinese Chopper, gonna take some time and setit up correctly and it will fly beautifully. I have read all teh articles and videos on swash levelling etc. So i begin. First off when looking at my swash it was definately NOT level in any direction. So I got throught he leveling procedure to get it cloe to level. Not perfect but a lot closer than stock was. I take it out side and it is unflyavble. It dives back and to the levvft so bad I can't do anything with it. I come na]back in an reccheck my weork. everything is as it should be. So I just start adding adjusting rods while outside until I get it to sort of hover. Te problem is I m going right back to where they ad it setup. I hhave some pics. The servo arms are at 90 degs. and in teh last hole. But when I get tot this position The forward movement is sluggish at best.here are some pics,,,, Suggestions?

swash1.jpgswash2.jpg

I am very new at this so I am proably missing the obvious.

Thanks

Wody

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, sory about the typos, using a mini wireless keyboard and I guess the keys are closer than I thought lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap, sory about the typos, using a mini wireless keyboard and I guess the keys are closer than I thought lol. Didn't even get my own name right. WOW.

swash1.jpg

swash2.jpg

murankar

Staff member
If you mess with the swash level make sure you undo the trim. Make sure you start out at zero trims then make the swash level. Test fly, wash rinse repeat.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Westy

LEGEND
I concur ..... remove all Trim and sub trims ... and then set up your mechanical arms at 90 degrees .... (you can do this with either re splining the alignment at mid stick .... and get them as close as your can and then add trim to get them at perfect 90 degrees ... then you can adjust your link lengths to get the swash level.

then hove and try it out! Should be pretty close.

sarconastic

I did that. I centered all trims, the leveled the swash to the shaft and it was unflyable. I maxed out the side and forward trims to get close and ist is still not flyable. I started adjusting back and got back to about where it was stock and now it is flyable but definitely not level or even remotely close.

What else could be affecting it? On a positive note the tail/nose rotation is perfect, no drift what so ever, with no trim at all. LOL.

THanks

Woody

murankar

Staff member
Ok one thing I could think of is the linkages are causing the issue. Since they are solid links there could be an issue with link lengths. This could put the pitch on the head off with a level swash. This is just a guess, measure you links center hole to center hole. See how far off they are.

Something else to check is the ball size. Then see if you can find adjustable links to help with leveling everything. Who know Horizon Hobbies may have links to fit.

Last edited:

Jason

hey, i just bought v912, and knowing that the swashplate not level, after fix it ,it just terrible , just like u say, after change the level , its better, the swashplate not level, its just like out from the box, the swashplate little bit down on the 5 oclock direction, for the rolling to the left, both v911 or v912 just like that, but that just when u take off,after the heli is in middle air,all just fine, sorry for my bad english, wkwkwkwk

Stambo

As far as I am concerned, these things are trainers to get you more ready to fly proper cp helicopters. , although I still fly my V911 on a regular basis.
Don't overthink the setup because it will drive you nuts. Forget about a level swash because when you get there it will be unflyable.
Don't ask me how I know. :)
Remember there is only 2 servos.
This is what did with my V911 after totally screwing it up.
Set it back to where you started, or close if you are not sure.
Set trims to centre on tx.
Fly and see which way it drifts.
Adjust corresponding servo then try again.
From memory I experimented with trimming the tx to the rear and readjusting the link for a stable hover.
My theory was that this would allow more forward servo travel for faster forward flight at the expense of reduced speed backward flight.
I think it made a difference but started getting more canopy strikes with the spaghetti flybar.

Top Bottom