Quad V202 Beetle

Lee

A friend asked me to recommend a little quad for his nephew. So we got this. WLtoys V202 Beetle 2.4G 4 Channel 4-Axis Quadcopter Dexterous Mini UFO RTF Free Shipping! - US$41.90
I had a little test fly, and what an amazing little machine it is.
You can throw it in the air any way you like, give it some throttle and it immediately goes into a hover. Fantastic little thing for playing in the house. Its super quite and bullet proof. The canopy was a bit crap. Wouldn't stay on. At $42 its a bargain for the amount of entertainment it brings. Both my friend and i said we should order a couple more for us :D

Stambo

Try a V949, slightly bigger and has switchable lights, flies even better and works outside in a bit of wind too.

Tasajara

I think he already has one... or maybe it's the V929. The one he listed would be good for a kid I do believe, because it is direct drive... no gears to strip.
But they all do great... I put the light kit on my V929 along with the 949 canopy.

Stambo

I think he already has one... or maybe it's the V929. The one he listed would be good for a kid I do believe, because it is direct drive... no gears to strip.
But they all do great... I put the light kit on my V929 along with the 949 canopy.

Depends on the age of the kid I reckon. Have you seen what some of them can do with xbox and playstation controllers.
The transition to an RC transmitter will be simple.
Flying only indoors will get boring real quick so I stand by my suggestion.
I have smashed and bashed my V949 against so many things, trees, house, ground and finally a fence post snapped one of the arms after I flew it into the sun and lost it.
All I did was take the broken piece out and put the left over bit half in to each end. Still flies almost good as new.
I have put upgraded GWS props on it but thats the only new bits and it's had a real thrashing.
I fly it with a 9x but it is still pretty good on it's stock tx.
Really stable and almost indestructible.

Lee

Its was for a 6 year old child to play with indoors. I already have the V929 which is the same as the V949. The V202 has 6 axis gyro not 3, so its super stable. We took it outside and were throwing it up into the air with no throttle then give it some gas and it popped into a perfect hover. Amazing fun. I will get one to go with my V929 to play with indoors.

Stambo

Sounds like fun for a 6yo. Hows he getting on? Vid time I reckon, show us how he's goin.
I'm really impressed with WL Toys stuff in general. I started with a V949 and a V911.
Best fun I ever had for $100.
Can't wait until my 4yo has the coordination to fly one of them.
He already does well with a cheap RC car so it won't be too long.

Lee

I never met him. My friend and i just test flew it before he took it to him. He said he did very well and was bobbing around with some control within a few minutes.

Top Bottom