USS Hornet_Phoenix RC

EyeStation

Saw this link online and thought some of you might enjoy flying from here too.
USS Hornet_Phoenix RC
222222l.jpg

It's the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier currently located at Alameda California
Contains 2 Identical Flying sites, one normal the other with aircraft landing training markers and guidelines.
Do turn on the flying site's weather .. it makes it a more realistic carrier landing condition to RC scale.

222222l.jpg

Last edited:

EyeStation

The zip file should extract to your Phoenix sites folder. I have not tried it yet. But it does look cool.

Sparse

I have wndows xp for desk top and windows 7 on laptop and when I try to extract this download to my phoenix i get an error message. could sombody hep me out and tell me what im doing wrong

Tony

Staff member
There should be an import option in the sim. I think anyway. I don't have it installed on this computer.

EyeStation

Hey again Sparse. I cannot guarantee that these files are good...yet. I do see it shows some strange icons next to my extraction program when I just ran it, but I do not have Phoenix installed on this PC at work. When I get home an another 3 hours I will try it on my sim-pc. Really sorry if I got you on a goose chase here. I am sure there won't be much support here for a download such as this.
So we will have to try and work this out between us.
I did not see any malware flags go up when installing, so I am crossing my fingers these files are truely clean.

EyeStation

A copy of WinZip on another PC here is showing WinZip errors. Not able to decode the encryption. It put folders in the places, but nothing in them. I am DL'ing version 18 to see if that will decode it.

update: WinZip18 not for XP, I still gotta wait till I get home.

WinZip 17.5 works on XP. All files are complete.

Last edited:

EyeStation

Hey Sparse, it works nice. I had to DL WinZip 17.5. I got two folders out of it. "USS Hornet [Day]", and "USS Hornet [Flight Training]"
I copied them into my folder in the following directory,
>Libraries>Documents>PhoenixRC>Flying sites>
Lots of stuff to hit on that deck.
Let me know if you get it to work.
Screen Shot.jpg

Screen Shot.jpg

EyeStation

Yeah, it's there on the same page. Look to the right side and see WinZip DL option.
Its a demo version that will time out at some point. You may want to go to the "advanced" settings during the WinZip install instructions to turn off the install of Browser toolbars.

Sparse

Hey Sparse, it works nice. I had to DL WinZip 17.5. I got two folders out of it. "USS Hornet [Day]", and "USS Hornet [Flight Training]"
I copied them into my folder in the following directory,
>Libraries>Documents>PhoenixRC>Flying sites>
Lots of stuff to hit on that deck.
Let me know if you get it to work.
View attachment 9225

man im lost after i install winzip and download the flying site. i dont know what to do. Im not very good with computers. I dont have the libraries option. i need step by step help with this.

EyeStation

Well if you have the USS Hornet folder extracted with the files in there, that is a good step.
Phoenix will store all this information in the same area.
What you need to find on your PC is your "My Documents" folder. Within that folder should be a folder "PhoenixRC". Open that folder.
In there you will see probably 10 different folders, you want the folder called "Flying Sites".
Once you have located that folder, drag the "USS Hornet" folder you extracted with WinZip into it.

If you have a hard time locating that folder, you can use the "Search" option in the Windows Start Menu. A folder should be found in that search query.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

djb

Top Bottom