Using OBS Studio

Heliman450

Hi all, Tony mentioned the above software as being good for making video directly from a software in my laptop. So I downloaded it and after a bit of help from their chat forum, I got some output.

However, when I open a drop-down option in the target software (Spirit Settings v2.4.1) these additional 'windows' aren't picked up by the OBS software. I haven't received an answer from the chat forum on this issue yet, only a reference to their overview help area.

If anyone can point me in the right direction on this I'll have a go at producing a series of setup videos for the Spirit Gyro.

Tony

Staff member
Can you take a video of what you are doing with an external camera? Usually you can just do a windows capture to record the video, but sometimes you may have to do a game capture. If that doesn't work, then you can just do a monitor capture which will capture everything on the screen so be sure to be in full screen mode with what you are doing.

Heliman450

Hi Tony, I wanted to be able to capture the process directly from the software to make a video. I've seen a few such videos (even one of OBS Studio) and the drop-downs are shown exactly how they do when using the PC. I already tried videoing the screen some time ago and it was absolute rubbish, hence, wanting to find another solution.

I could try doing a screen shot of the missing drop-downs and incorporate them into the video but it seems to defeat the object of the exercise and would probably give a lot of extra work to produce the finished article. I need to play around in the OBS software a bit more anyway before I could produce a finished video of good enough quality to satisfy my (almost) perfectionist habit :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
all I was wanting to see is what you were seeing when trying to use OBS. This is the software that I use on all of my computers when I do any and all of my livestreams. I'm by no means an expert at OBS, but I have been able to fumble my way around it to make it work. If you can shoot a video (and PM it to me if you don't want anyone to see it) and explain while you are doing stuff on the computer, I can try to help you out. I will get the latest edition installed here on my lappy in a few minutes. I just put a 500GB SSD on this computer for the road since spinning platters are not good when you are bouncing down the road lol. So I need to install everything again.

Heliman450

Thanks for the kind offer to help.................... I'll spend some time fumbling around myself before interfering with your valuable RC-Help duties.

Cheers!

Tony

Staff member
lol, right now it's just keeping this server running. Been months since we had an issue, and all of a sudden the server crashes. Should be fixed now, but never should have happened. So we are looking into some other solutions. Hitting the road again in the morning, so I have a little time today to help out. If you don't get it out today, no worries, I will keep checking in when I'm on the road and will help out where I can.

Heliman450

Cheers Tony, I've got the makings of a first introduction part lasting about 6 minutes. I'll need to work it up a bit more during the coming week.

Tony

Staff member
sweet deal. There is definitely a learning curve to OBS. From getting the codec correct to setting your bitrate to finalizing how much processor and/or gpu to use, There is a LOT that this program can do.

Top Bottom