ESC Using A Simonk Esc On A Plane

bigone5500

I read on a google search that you shouldn't use an esc that has simonk firmware on a plane. I have one installed in my foamboard plane that has some issues with the throttle. What do you guys know about this?

Admiral

The only issue that I have heard of is Simon K does not have LVC (Low Voltage Cutout) I use the Tx timer on everything I fly so it is not an issue for me.
The only time I can see it being a real issue is if you have an aircraft with very poor glide characteristics.

bigone5500

Every other ESC I have used works right away. I solder the ends on and connect it to my Rx and motor. After binding, The motor work as it should and when the throttle is at minimum, the motor shuts off. This Simonk ESC must have a problem. It doesn't work as the others. After doing the above, I get nothing. I can go into the throttle cut menu and assign switch H to cut the throttle and as soon as I click, the motor spins up to full rpm. I can flip the switch and the motor shuts off but it's either on or off. I do have a little control of the rpm but very little.

Admiral

Have you calibrated it?

Turn your transmitter on and give it full throttle, then making sure that the plane is secured plug the battery in, the motor should not start, you will hear tomes from the ESC then lower the throttle to minimum.

The motor should now start if you give it some throttle, if not you may have an ESC or motor issue.

bigone5500

Have you calibrated it?

Turn your transmitter on and give it full throttle, then making sure that the plane is secured plug the battery in, the motor should not start, you will hear tomes from the ESC then lower the throttle to minimum.

The motor should now start if you give it some throttle, if not you may have an ESC or motor issue.
Admiral! Brother you're a lifesaver! It worked! I owe you one!

Top Bottom