User Title Change

Tony

Staff member
Some of you may have noticed that your user title has changed under your name. I'm also sure you have seen times when you tried to put links in a post, and it told you the post was being moderated. I tried everything short of removing that software to fix this issue. Well yesterday, I tried something new.

I went in and created a new usergroup. Once you reach 100 posts, you will automatically be entered in this group. then I went into the software for spam and I told it to ignore this new usergroup. I also changed it to allow 3 links for anyone under 100 posts. 4 or more and it will moderate it thinking it could be a spam post.

So why did your user title change? Because instead of putting you into this new group as an additional member, I have made it when you go into this group, it's now your primary group. Because of this, anyone with a post count above 100 may have had their user title changed when the forum updated (it does every 24 hours). You still have the permissions to go in and change it to whatever you want it to be (within the rules).

This should solve most all of the issues that we have had with the spam software in the past. If this works, I'm going to be redoing all of the usergroups on the forum, and adding some pretty cool features to the forum in the future. I think you guys will like the changes.

Let me know your opinions.

Tony

Staff member
If you look under your name, it now says "Rc-Help Pilot". That is a temporary title that I put in there to see if everyone over 100 posts went into the new usergroup. So far so good.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I was "hoping" if it automagically changed my user title, I'd be able to fly better too ... oh, well, back to the drawing board! :biggrin1:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I wish there was a magic cure for that. I have not found it yet though.

Top Bottom