Micro Upgrades??

leedude1

Lynx vs Microheli vs Rakhon . What your thoughts as to better quality, precision or overall bang for buck.

I have purchased Microheli and Rakhon parts for my MSRX and MCPX in the past and am satisfied with both and they have held up well on my msrx that has seen some serious air time.

I'm looking to purchasing a 180 CFX (to replace a drowned 130x) and of course the plastic swash and tail case are going to go the way of aluminum replacements, and all are direct swap outs for stock but now I'm at which??? Lynx appear to be more expensive but maybe the quality is better.

murankar

Staff member
Just depends on what you like. Lynx is popular right now so they charge more. I have used rkh sand like their goods.

Personally I don't mess with the stock parts anymore. I spend my money on my x3 instead. All though I may do a couple on my 180cfx. If I do it will be the swash and maybe the head block stand grips.

leedude1

Yeah that was my thought off the bat just get the swash, grips and tail case.. and like you have had rakhon, and MH for my blades but never the lynx and figured I would rather just do things once if I can... and seeing as how these things have been around awhile... one may have come out on top as a better overall product for bearings, durability or just fit and finish..

Lee

I have use RKN for my mini helis, and have Lynx parts on my Goblin.
Both do the job perfectly, although Lynx is better quality.

leedude1

Thanks, like you for the small stuff I like the rakhon eg: for my MSRX I think it works really well..but I keep eyeing the lynx stuff for my potential 180 ...and really like what I see. So Im trying to get to the folk like your self that have tried it and can confirm the quality of the parts...because every site pitches their stuff like its the best thing since Swiss cheese it becomes hard to judge in the reviews because everything seesaws back and forth.. I love , vs I hate vs leave it stock.
I just like aluminum over plastic...

My caution was toward the price and whether there was a true difference for the price variance which when you add up the whole head and tail assembly, it becomes a nice number because their selling things one screw at a time.:damnit:

murankar

Staff member
That's why I don't do the upgrades. It cost so much money for them and for what, minor functionality. I could see if you doing a 360 or bigger but micros, eh not sure.

Lynx makes some killer hop ups for my Gaui X3 and I still have not jumped. I don't see the need in my case. I plowed my X3 in on the road and my frames are just fine, the gears have been beat to hell and still keep going. I have changed maybe 3 gears in the tail drive system and one main gear. I have crashed it a number of times and still have most of the parts that came original. Hell my plastic blade grips have yet to break, nock on wood.

leedude1

I hear you and although Im on the same page as you when I look at my 450L ...(mind you haven't crashed it yet...nor do I want to) don't see anything I would want to change.

I just ordered my 180 today... no upgrades ( for now :biglaugh: ) although will definitely change the canopy Blade always puts out paper ones that just don't hold up to anything.. and struggle even with mild handling... any way Ill fly her a few times and decide from there.

I think ill probably need an intervention when I see the plastic though. :biglaugh:

Top Bottom