General Upgrade/fix my Delta Ray

Hardtimer

I have been watching my brother and nephews flying their planes. They offered me the controller but after seeing them eat dirt once or twice I denied the offer. I said i'd get myself one someday and join then. My nephew gave me his Delta Ray that is grounded due to upgrade from stock to xtreme pro 180 motors. I've watched the video on utube explaining how to swap out the motors. What I didn't see was anything about upgrading the ESC. I want the SAFE technology being a novice at the art of keeping my prop out the dirt and when I figure out the comings and goings..i'll switch it into a fun mode. It has plenty of clear tape on it from past flights and I will add another layer before I figure it all out. I just need to get it airborne. Enough rambling my question is "Can I use the ESC with SAFE and the Pro 180 motors? Also what size battery will I need and do I need to install a switch? I watched several videos and i'm starting to understand a little..guess enough to be dangerous as the saying goes. Can anyone bestow a little knowledge on me or direct me to a site with instructions or a video? Thanx for ur input if u have any:help:

trainrider06

Howdy! I am not sure about what your working on I assume a plane??? But probably would help if you said what size ESC your running....I'd guess you might need a larger ESC since your using bigger motors, what size I have not a clue though...
as far as the Safe goes I think you'd need the SAFE receiver to go with it.....just my guessing here since I am a heli guy..
But there are fellas on here that know a lot more than me, and should be able to get you in the air with the right stuff...

Lee

It seems these Pro motors are a drop in upgrade.
The Flight control board is a stand alone Receiver/ESC/stabilisation system.
So no need to upgrade any escs.
Have fun with it. Looks like a nice machine :)

Heliman450

I have been watching my brother and nephews flying their planes. They offered me the controller but after seeing them eat dirt once or twice I denied the offer. I said i'd get myself one someday and join then. My nephew gave me his Delta Ray that is grounded due to upgrade from stock to xtreme pro 180 motors. I've watched the video on utube explaining how to swap out the motors. What I didn't see was anything about upgrading the ESC. I want the SAFE technology being a novice at the art of keeping my prop out the dirt and when I figure out the comings and goings..i'll switch it into a fun mode. It has plenty of clear tape on it from past flights and I will add another layer before I figure it all out. I just need to get it airborne. Enough rambling my question is "Can I use the ESC with SAFE and the Pro 180 motors? Also what size battery will I need and do I need to install a switch? I watched several videos and i'm starting to understand a little..guess enough to be dangerous as the saying goes. Can anyone bestow a little knowledge on me or direct me to a site with instructions or a video? Thanx for ur input if u have any:help:

Hi Hardtimer, sounds like you're getting good advice on the technical side of things. Seems to me like a rather optimistic approach to things. Can you get advice from your relatives on getting into the air? If not, why not consider a simulator. Mine has been excellent in saving money on crashes and helping me to extend my knowledge of how different settings work on my helis. It's not exactly the same but the practice of how to change things in the Tx is well worth the time. Now I find that making changes at the field are no problem to account for the differences between real and simulated. In the beginning, I just stayed with those suggested/programmed by others.

Good luck!

Top Bottom