Updated Article Section

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Updated Article Section

I just wanted to do a quick little article to let all of you know what I have been up to with the slow loading Article section of Rc-Help

Over the past few months, something happened to our Article system and it has caused it to load very slow when you clicked on Articles at the top of the forum. I believe I found the reason why the page was loading slow, and I have changed things up to make it faster.

If you click on that Articles button at the very top of the forum, you will notice first that the page is loading much faster. I'm talking down from about a 12 second load time to about 0.1 second load time. Yea, it was that bad. The second thing you will notice is that every time you load the page, or reload the page, the articles will change! No longer is it just a static page with the same thing day after day (especially since I am not making articles anymore... for now :D)

The Articles section (I call it the /ams section) was not the only section that had this issue. If you clicked on Helicopters in the sidebar categories, due to the number of articles in there, it was loading quite slow as well. Not as bad as /ams, but it was still up there at about 7 seconds. Well, I did the same thing for the Helicopter category that I did for /ams, and it has been sped up as well. Of course, just because I have limited the number of articles that show when you click on Helicopters to 9, ALL articles in that category are still available. And yes, these will also rotate.

Please let me know what you think of the changes and if you have any questions or suggestions to make this rarely used part of the forum better to where people want to come in!

And, I'm kind of starting to get the itch again so......

Read more about this article here...

Top Bottom