450 Update to my 450 build

murankar

Staff member
Well so far I have received almost everything I need to build. So far I have my cyclic servos (3x T-pro MG90s), Detrum 40A ECS, Assan GA-250 gyro (a real assan), the wrong motor (the new one is on the way), battery charger, training gear. I had some hicups with xheli and hopefully that has been resolved, I will know some time by friday next week. Appeared usps lost my heli and tool kit so it was resent by management.

I still have parts on the way like my tail servo (Align DS520), exceed helium 3000Kv, ECS program card and a Gens Ace 2200 mAh 25C battery. My TX/RX setup is more than likely going to be the FlySky th9x, still not sure yet. I have been trying to locate information on both the flysky and Turnigy so I can see why should pick one over the other. I know one is half the price but why? I know that the Turnigy has some V2 update and Flysky does not from what I can tell.

The Size of the couple of parts I do have are surprisingly small. I can't believe parts this small actually control this thing. In my mind I picture this bird to be an good size bigger than my 120sr. I guess I'll find out next week when it arrives.

I still have some other small stuff to get myself and some is being shipped by my family. it sucks starting completely from scratch. I have learned a lot since I started this endeavor and hope to continue to learn. My fly time on the sim has been good and tragic at the same time. I have been learning tail in hover along with side in hover. I also been doing forward flight sometimes faster than needed till I; well, cause a situation that would cost me real money had it not been a sim. The controller for the sim is not really a proper TX to learn on but does fit the bill for now. I really need to learn how to fly with a programmable TX.

Any how this is just a brief update. I will continue to update, post pics as I go and maybe some video. Will see how it plays out. I am really happy of my choices thus far. Thanks for the help to this point.

Lee

Enjoy the build process. Its one of my favourite parts. Also, dont rush it. I made many mistakes trying to finish the heli as quick as i could the first time.
Good luck

murankar

Staff member
This week has been a good week for mail. I received some really cool stuff. Lets see I have received my newest motor (helium 3000Kv), Lipo, ESC program card, motor pinion and finally my Align DS520 tail servo. Now all I need is the heli, tool kit RX/TX and any other misc. parts inventory and supplies. The only thing I build right now is the motor and pinion, but with out thread lock at this point. Getting closer!

murankar

Staff member
will these work with the Gens Ace 4.0 Banana Plug? I will be ordering some stuff from here while I wait for the TX/RX to restock. I hope by Feb 1 the radio I want is in stock.

Tony

Staff member
Those plugs come on the dynam heli's and most batteries, and are the first thing I cut off and toss in the trash. I use Deans, and always have since 1994. Never had an issue with Deans, and I won't use anything else.

Lee

Deans or XT60's I use the XT60, they are the standard connector on Hobby King Lipos

murankar

Staff member
I think I am doing the Deans. I found them on another web site. Amazon.com. I will have a bit of soldering to do but I shall make it. I will also have to make a cable for my charger, I do not have a deans connector for it. Not hard just cut the Banana connector. I should be golden before to long.

Top Bottom