450 up grades t-rex 450 plus

pcm26

Hello,
I just got a T-Rex 450 Plus DFC . Looking for any suggestions for up grades . Also any changes recommended with the stock set up. Thanks you in Advance.
Pcm26

murankar

Staff member
The stock setup should be just fine, Align electrics are right in the middle for quality. If you do upgrade anything I would do the gyro and maybe the dampeners and that about it. Other things you might want to try are main blades and landing gear. I really like Gorilla gear skids. These are some durable skids, I got them stock on my Protos Mini and they survived a rekit crash.

Slobberdog

I would not change a thing unless you have to, seeing as you bought the plus that's ready to fly you will be flying on the t6 transmitter, if I'm not mistaken so if you did change the gyro you would need to look at an rx or a new tx as well,

The plus is a good package to start on, leave all the plastic parts as if you crash a part will break and save other parts, if you start upgrading and if you crash you bend and break other components as well,

murankar

Staff member
The plus uses a 3gx correct? If so then there should be a separate rx in the frame already. That rx should be fine for lets say a beastx. Maybe not a ikon if you want all the features but for basic setup of an ikon it should work.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Then upgrade the gyro. Get a rx that will bind to your t6.

At best its an okay gyro. If you start having issues with it, i would consider that being the first upgrade.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Yes, upgrade to a better gyro. I just tested this gyro and I HATE it. The tail is anything but solid. 3GX 4.0 is better on teh tail than the mrs.

pcm26

Thank you everyone for the info, I have been flying RC Planes for about 20 yrs. Got away from them and for about the last yr I have become addicted to Helis
I have been flying fixed Heli Max Novus 200, That is one stable bird. SR 120 . Blade 200 SRX Have learned to replace things that just stop working for no reason
Also Flying mCPX. I call it now you see it now you don't. I am lucky in Houston Have a great Hobby Shop Randy's. They recommended this sight and The T-RX 450
So far I have been reading instruction on the bird and trans. I have ordered some training gear. I have flown on a sim some. Just like my plane days I have checked everything on the 450 and I plan to re-check. I have never believed in RTF. I like them for this reason. I learn faster taking something apart and putting it back together. I understand helis are a different world but some things never change . like If is not 100% on the ground it gets real bad in the Air. Also if you don't ask you will crash. My plan is to learn to hover first and then slowly move on. I will look at the gyro and If you guys have some suggestions on settings to start with It would be very helpful. Thanks again for all the assistance pcm 26

islrcr1

Hi, pcm 26, I just maidened my T Rex 450 Plus DFC RTF. I took mine apart to check for locktite and grease. rotor head and tail had none of both. The heli fliesvery well, the only problem was blade tracking ,and one turn of the swash to grip link fixed that.

Top Bottom