450 Up date on my CH54 project

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Good news, met these guys thru You Tube: "Blades of Thunder" who are the UK. Told them about my quest to find an angled gear box for a scratch build CH54 I was doing. Not only did they put me in touch with a chap who makes them with a 3D printer them, but also 450 size helicopters. And that includes the Sikorsky CH54! Man what luck not only did I buy the gear box but he'll make a helicopter for me. Not saying a scratch built bird would be a cake walk in the park but couldn't go wrong getting one made. He's presently making some modifications to the tail section that houses the tail rotor. He said he should be ready in Jan 2022. It's worth the wait and I'm one happy camper. Plan on finishing mine in army green as the ones I remember with the 1st Cavalry Division in Vietnam. I'll build a detachable pod that was fitted underneath that carried troops, supplies, or used as a command post headquarters. These pods could be also made as moveable M.A.S.H. units that treated wounded soldiers in the field. I'll keep you posted with pictures.

Top Bottom