Flight Controllers Unable to upgrade NAZE with Cleanfligth ( 2.0.3) or betaflight ( 3.1.1)

beryllium

Hello,
When I connect my NAZE FC to Cleanflight or Betaflight the following message appears: "The firmware on this device needs upgrading to a newer version. .... ". If I try to update firmware, it fails with the message: "No response from bootloader ...". I did the tests with WIndows 10 (1607) and W7. It's always the same. I reinstalled an old version (1.2.4) of the Cleanflight GUI, which allows me to view and modify the configuration settings, that I can not do with the current version (2.0.3) but the firmware update always fails with the same message. The only way to get a correct update is to short the boot pins. I do not understand what happened, it worked very well a few months ago without having to do this short circuit. I did not modify my quads and I made tests on several PCs by reinstalling the pilots . Can you give me some help to get out of this dead end and avoid dismounting all my Quad to put up a short circuit on the boot pins?
thank you.

Tony

Staff member
If you are getting a bootloader message, then yes, you have to jump the boot pins every time. I have to do this on all of my quads, and have not seen one that will allow you do it without jumping those pins. Not sure what changed though if you were able to do it before.

beryllium

Thank you for your quick reply, which go in the sense of what I observed. I wonder about why this behavior now, so far I did not have to force boot mode. I wonder if the pilots are active. What surprises me is that if I use ZADIG I do not see a STM bootloader device. This may be the explanation for this behavior. I have to say that I'm not very much at the point with Zadig and the STM Bootloader.

EyeStation

I can not say for sure, but the recent update of Cleanflight through Goggle Chrome has killed my Space One 180 New SPRacing F3Evo and while troubleshooting receivers during this problem, my nicely flying 220 Formula Quad.
When looking at the receiver tab I see channels 1-3 go from mid stick to zero and back constantly. No longer see throttle or any of the 2 AUX channel inputs. I was flying the 220 just before and connected to turn off the Motor Stop.
Now I have full blown quad stop.
And I could not get either board to go through the boot sequence after.

Top Bottom