UK RC Search engine

Lee

For those of you in the UK, there is a great new website that allows you to search for RC related items without having to troll through all the various web shops for the best price.
Its called RC Ferret
Have a look and see what you think.
There are plans to get a US version up and running soon.

debrooker

Hi, finally got around to joining this forum :)

thought i would take the opportunity to give you guys a bit of an update on my not-so-little pet project: RCFerret. RCFerret originally started life about 4 months ago as a little tool to help me locate parts for my MSH Protos, and particularly for those stores that may actually have them in stock - which those MSH owners out there may have some sympathy with.

As a proof of concept, I created a site that searched the two big stores in the UK, FastLad and Midland Helis (even doing this required me to move to a VPS server :) ) reporting back price and stock level, and posted this up on the RCHA forum.

The response and feed back was fantastic and was the catalyst for supporting more UK stores. Since then, I decided to expand the reach of the tool and now support stores in the US and will soon start to support stores in europe after a number of requests. One of the things that surprised me in the U.S. is there is seemingly less "big" stores stocking kits and parts for multiple brands - it may be i just haven't found them, or the online presence is not there.

So, as of today RCFerret can using one user search, individually search 30 UK stores or 20 US stores, with a couple of others on the way.

rcferret.jpg

RCFerret : Search all your favourite RC stores in one go

Thanks for reading

Darren

debrooker

Hi all,

just a little update, i've added 4 more stores to the U.S. searches:-

Empire RC
Rotary Wing RC
Align Trex Store
Heli Hobby

that's 23 stores now searchable :)

http://www.rcferret.co.uk/US/

in addition there are a host of addition tweaks to hopefully make your searches easier and quicker.

wolfman76

OUTSTANDING debrooker way to look out for all us fellow rc hobbyist's is there any searches for watercraft and land rc items or is this strictly for heli and fixed wing searches???? and i will definitely check it out

debrooker

Many thanks Kyle,

i do have plans to support other RC model types, like to be RC plane related stores next.

Thanks for using and hope it was of some us

Darren

Top Bottom