UBAV1

UBAV1

Greetings, I am researching custom Quads as I am building one. I have flown many RC helis by Blade and customized all of them with all cnc hop-ups I could find. They all fly great. Now its time to really build a really great quad that not only fly's great but looks great to.

UBAV1

Thank You all for the warm welcome. I am new to this forum thing so I am a bit lost with the format. Start a thread I will but will probably need some coaching. First off as I mentioned earlier, I am building a custom quad after customizing many helicopters and 3 quads all by BLADE. Pretty much all of them excluding their pro line up. These heli's all look great and fly great and has inspired me to think I can do this. So far this is what I have. HK Alien carbon-fiber frame w/folding arms. Successfully built with no instruction, I just finished wiring a brand new VECTOR flight control system, not yet tested or set up. Sitting on a port in Hong Kong are my motors and ESC's. They are the Multistar 2814 700kv and 30amp opto's. I do not intend on flashing them unless I have too as it seems that HK worked out a bug or two since thier release. Later I will add more with my questions. I end with one however, How does this become a thread or whats next here? Thanks again for you interest.
UBAV1

Hey Ubav1, welcome, can't wait to see this quad develop, plenty of pictures please when you learn how to..if you click on articles at the top of page you will see various help topics To guide you around the forum..

UBAV1

20140618_040857.jpg20140619_000347.jpg

Here is the frame I decided to go with. I have been adding the vector wiring and sometime soon I will start set up. I am somewhat concerned with power leads due the fact that I am using a go pro which has power. I guess the question is Can I use the power lead that goes from transmitter to camera through the Vector FCS as the redundant power supply to the Vector?. My ESCs are OPTO. (need help moving this thread to the best category). Will try to get better pics of wiring.

20140618_040857.jpg

20140619_000347.jpg

Hey Ubav1, nice pics mate but their in the wrong place, this is just for new members.... Good on you for figuring out how to post them, but click on the forum tab at the top of page, go down to members pictures and start a new thread there, you can put all your pics there. Tony may move these anyway..

Looking forward to seeing this build, get the pics in the right place tho mate...

Top Bottom