Batteries Tx battery question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ladies :) and gentlemen, I purchase a DX6 awhile back and all this time I've been using rechargeable batteries. It was bought to my attention that I should use Spektrum DX6 rechargeable battery instead of the household rechargeable battery's that I'm using and been using for some quite time. My DX6 came with NO port for charging just 2 ports. One for headphones and one for the trainer. My question is should I go ahead an purchases this 2000mAh TX Battery: DX6G2-3,DX7G2/DX8G2/DXe | HorizonHobby and how would I charge the battery without removing it. That's could be One of the reasons why I lost my settings to the quads. Switching batteries in and out. Any suggestion will be appreciated :)

vyrnguy

oh I never switch batteries, never needed to. I do however use Turnigy Lipo for my DX8, and never used a spektrum battery. I do have it, but I don't use it. I just recharge my TX once in awhile. The lipo is bigger than the spektrum original.

Not sure if you can do the same with the DX6 gen II???

Tony

Staff member
If you get a lipo or life battery with a balance lead, you could use a cheap balance only charger and never have to take the lead off. Or, you could solder on a secondary main lead and charge with that and the balance plug. Where there's a will there's a way...

Smoggie

Normal rechargeable cells should work fine, only slight inconvenience is that you have to remove them to charge. If you get the Spektrum Li-Ion battery it comes with a charging socket built in which you can see in the photo. You would also need to buy the Spektrum AC adapter SPM9551 to supply power to charge it.

Derek

Ivan...Smoggie is right....check this out

2000mAh TX LI-ION w/AC Adpt,DX:6G2-3/7G2/8G2/e (SPMA9603): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

this is exactly what you need. It's a lithium ion transmitter battery that will plug into the DX6. It also comes with a charger that will plug directly to the lithium ion battery. Yes, it's a bit more expensive than what we talked about earlier, but this would be PERFECT. This battery would then plug directly into your DX6...you can put the battery cover onto the transmitter and go fly. when you see that it needs charged, simply remove the battery cover and plug in the charger. Simple!

Smoggie

when you see that it needs charged, simply remove the battery cover and plug in the charger. Simple!

It's even easier than that. The standard battery cover has a access hole that allows you to plug in the charger* without removing the cover, so it's a very slick solution.

*In reality the 'charger' is simply a DC power supply. The actual charger circuitry is built into the battery module that goes in the Tx

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thank you very much gentlemen for that information :) Thanks Derek for finding it on this side of the pond. I've looked on Horizon Hobby but I didn't see it. I guess I need to know what I'm looking for first :( That's cool because I have a $15.00 off coupon for Horizon Hobby next order! That will help on the price. With or without coupons, I'm getting it :) Thanks again members. I like this, just post it and you shall receive an answer. I wish life was that easy, Lol.

murankar

Staff member
I didnt read anything so here it goes. The Specktrum battery p;ack has the charge port in it. So if you get it then the battery comes with the power cord and it pugs right into thr battery. If I remember it correctly.

Top Bottom