1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

General Twin Motor Selection

Discussion in 'Airplanes' started by FeWolf, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
< Rc Help Edge Photo | Bombadier Dash 8 Plans Want >
  1. FeWolf

FeWolf New Member

I have a small issue, I am a twin motor plane junky, the issue I have it selecting motors, using the single motor system and spitting the power required to get her in the air is not working too well, either the plane is under powered or I have to fly at 75% throttle or more to keep her in the air.
    Is there a system I can use to help me figure out the correct motors and power system I will need?!

Thank You for any help ahead!

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Usually a dual engine plane, especially a prop plane, requires two engines because of the weight it has to pull or carry. So these engines are usually quite large. IMO, I would figure out what motor you need for the plane if you were just going ot use one, then get two of those motors. Maybe put a more aggressive prop on it, but just keep an eye on your temps.

3. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Information Technology (Retired)
    For anybody to help they need to know the details of the aircraft ie. weight, wingspan, wing cord etc so that they can estimate the wing loading, a photo would probably be good as well.

4. FeWolf

FeWolf New Member

Weight 26 grams
    Wing core 6.5 in
    Wing length 30 in
    Boom to Fuselage ( for prop size )
    Complete length from Nose to tail 30in
    Carton or Fat OV 10 Bronco
    Purpose, Slow fly/indoor

Attached Files:

5. FeWolf

FeWolf New Member