Other Turnigy Transmitters

Stambo

I have had one for about 18 months and love it.
I have done the back light mod, which is plug and play.
I have installed a LIFEPO4 3s battery which I charge perhaps once a month.
I also have Frsky module and telemetry/diversity recievers for better range.

There is alternative firmware available that is far more flexible than stock but I am still on stock version.

Just remember though that it is a cheap transmitter.
Gimbals are not as smooth as the more expensive ones and build quality is probably not as high.

Any reason you are not looking at the 9xr instead?
Although if you intend using either with the Naza, DON"T!
The centring on the sticks with either 9x or 9xr is not accurate enough.
This in turn makes the Naza still think you are giving some stick input so GPS hold may not give the expected result.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

Yea I was doing a little more research and found a few things that turned me off on the 9x. But that price was very tempting at first. Thanks Stambo for the info. Right now I'm trying to decide on either getting 4S or 5S batteries in the 3700 to 4000Mah range.

Stambo

I have just got some 4s 5000 Zippy compact batteries.
These are giving me up to 15 minutes flight time on my 450 size quad.

WyDiablo

Do you think they will work ok on my carbon core 650 at AUW 5 lbs. Running 2 of them in parallel would boost my flight time some

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I have almost the setup except I flashed mine. I tell ya what, it not that bad of tx. I also have the life4 3s 1500 mah pack.

Back light is simple to add. The firmware is not so simple but doable. If you decide this route let me know so that I can link you to a site that has a working usbasp. Ask me how I know. I've bricked a 9x because of a bad usbasp. The tx I think is recoverable.

The frsky with telemetry is a great add on and is a great addition to the radio.

Stambo

Do you think they will work ok on my carbon core 650 at AUW 5 lbs. Running 2 of them in parallel would boost my flight time some

I'll check the weight of mine when I get home tonight.
They will work, just how well is the question.
What is the amp draw on yours, do you know?

Don't forget the extra weight you will add by running 2 might increase the AUW so much that there is no advantage.

Last edited:

WyDiablo

I don't have a clue as to the amp draw but the motors are 821W. My guess is between 15 to 20 amps but that could be off. I have (1) 4S 5000Mah right now so I"m thinking I will charge the battery and fly for 5 or 6 mins and recharge and see how many mah's I put back and then go from there. I was going to order a watt meter from HK but they are on back order now. My 4S 5000Mah battery hit the scales at 517.7g.

Last edited:
Top Bottom