Servos Turnigy Servos

Blade_flyer

I have been trying to compare servos by size, brand and cost. I am researching an ARF for mainly sport flying and the manufacturer of the airframe recommends Hitec HS-65MG servos. I have compiled a spreadsheet with some other 9g servos of the same sizes. I see that the Turnigy TGY-MG90S has the same specs (other than being Digital and faster) as the Hitecs but at a much lower cost.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

Micro Servos.jpg

Micro Servos.jpg

Admiral

I have never used the TGY-MG90S but have the TGY-930 in a couple of Helicopters, and I've never had a problem with them, both Helicopters are about 4 years old and only sports flyers.

Lee

The Turnigys are a great servo for the price.
I use them in all my planes.

Blade_flyer

The LHS also suggested Tactic servos. I have not researched models for their 9g micros yet. Has anyone had any luck with these? I do usually follow the rule that you get what you pay for. This is true most of the time. But...sometimes things are made by the same manufacturer, with the same components, but because of branding and marketing, one is higher than the other in price. I do steer clear of generics. They have no "name" or reputation to protect.

There are so many models, brands, and specs, it's a nightmare to sort out sometimes. I wouldn't want to risk crashing an expensive airframe because I went cheap on control components. I try not to live up to my motto:

Fly crash repair repeatrev2-small.jpg

Fly crash repair repeatrev2-small.jpg

murankar

Staff member
If this a low cost foamy then any 9g servo will work. Most of the Flitetest swapables will run the T-Pro 9g servos and do rather well.Now if this a model that has any kind of weight to it then you will want to look at a higher torque servo. I would probably go with a metal gear servo over plastic gear just in case the plank has an unexpected encounter.

I am sitting on 2 of those Savox servos right now. They should still work, well 2 of them anyways. I lost one over a year ago while doing a setup on my Gaui X3. Replaced them with 3 KST DS 219MGs. Anyhow those savox servos will take a beating since they are metal geared. They lasted the better part of 3 years in a helicopter with out maintenance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom