Other Turnigy 9XR Pro

ABriscoe

I have some Questions about my new Turnigy 9XR Pro transmitter. First how do I setup the transmitter with the basics for my 450 T-rex helicopter
and how do I adjust the trims within the open TX?

murankar

Staff member
Let us know what other equipment you have. Are you running a fly bar or are you Fly barless? This will make a huge difference in how you set the radio up. If you have a 3GX gyro then the radio is setup yet differently than other fbl controllers.

Here is a real basic down and dirty setup for fbl non 3gx

How To: er9x companion9x - th9x, Taranis, 9xr

Last edited:

trainrider06

Glad we could help! That thread there, the guy is quite the tinkerer! Has many different mods and such going on, you migh aught check that out Uri.

murankar

Staff member
That manual covers the stock TH-9X firmware. The 9XR he has is basically the same chassis but the firmware is based on er9X or openCompanion. THe setup is going to be way different. My tutorial is based on er9x but works on openCompanion. Like I said earlier depending on the his T-Rex setup the programming will very. One thing thing that is different is mixing. Flabared and 3GX require mixing in the radio and standard FBL units do not require radio mixing. Then there is the RX setup, if the RX is SPecktrum based the the channel assignments will be different than Futaba. Lots to know about this radio.

KLA

Hi Abriscoe, myself I am not familiar with that particular radio, but I did some digging and this manual seems to be the correct one. There is a member on here that I think may be able to help you, and I'll send him a PM to see if he may be able to help you though.

Here is the manual
IMAX-9X_TX_Manual.pdf - Box

Actually, this is not the correct instruction manual. This manual is for the Turnigy 9x v2, not the 9xr pro. They are totally different.

But, the write up in the previous post from Murankur is an excellent starting point. I'll find a link to the correct Turnigy 9xr pro and post it up here shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/692301903X39217X34.pdf

This is a link to the correct Turnigy 9xr pro manual. Hope this helps. Murankar probably knows a lot more about the er9x firmware than I do. Like I said before, his write up is an excellent starting point and if you follow his setup steps it should get you goin so you can fly your heli.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to help you.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah thats a very basic setup. I should go back through and refine what I have so it sounds more intelligent. As for knowing more, well its been a while (like year or more) since I used that radio. I hope I still remember what he needs.

KLA

Well, even if it has been a year or so, you probably still know more about it than I do. I only setup a 9xr pro 1 time for a friend. I still have the older Turnigy 9x, which I know like the back of my hand. But, if you know anything about the 9x I'm sure you know that it is very different than the 9xr pro. But, I have programmed the 9xr pro before and I'll do my best to help.

trainrider06

Yeah thats a very basic setup. I should go back through and refine what I have so it sounds more intelligent. As for knowing more, well its been a while (like year or more) since I used that radio. I hope I still remember what he needs.
These are the signs of gettin old and senile....what was the question? What am I doing in this room? Lol

ABriscoe

Hay Thanks..... You guys are the best!!!!! I can't thank you enough, I think this will do it :)
This transmitter is different then my Spektrum DX7S But I wanted Voices. I think they are both
very powerful transmitters, just the setups are like night and day.
Again I can't thank you guys enough.
Al

KLA

No problem bud. That's what we are here for. If you need any other help or have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We also love to see pictures and videos of other people's fleet. When you get a chance post up some pictures or videos. Good luck and happy Flying. : -)

Top Bottom