Turnigy 9X and Phoenix Simulator

DAL2855

Banned
I have bought the cable already so I don't want to have to buy anything else right now to make it work. I should have to buy anything else to make it work. I already bought the cable, so there has to be a way to make phoenix recognize the transmitter!

Westy

LEGEND
yep there sure is. there are 2 ways.

The reason the 9x is not recognised ... is because you need to interrupt the PPM signal on the Tx..... This is achieved by:

1. Do the trainer port mod - SUGGESTED FIX FOR LONGEVITY OF YOUR TX All you need is a soldering iron, 1K ohm REsistor ($0.80c) and a hobby cutting knife = 10 mins to complete

See my complete list of Turnigy 9x Specific Tutorials here

2. pop the module out of the back of the unit. - This has the HIGH RISK of breaking your Aerial after repeated

Last edited by a moderator:

DAL2855

Banned
I removed the module out of the back of the radio and still get the usb not recognized by phoenix message when I start it!

Westy

LEGEND
is the green light flashing slowly? have you got the 9 n 1 set up for WIRE and clicked onto PhoenixRC ?

DAL2855

Banned
What green light? I don't have any green light! I have it connected to the PC with the Mono 3.5mm jack.

Westy

LEGEND
Well .... Of course that will not work!!!!

Doh ..... you will not get it working without the Emulator then.... If you do not know what I am talking about ... then check out my sim link below and you will get your answers as I have explained it well in there.

Best solution is STAMBO'S suggestion...... however you can get it going with the Emulator:

PhoenixRC Tutorials - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
dude connect it to you pc with the usb lead, then the jack to jack lead from the unit to the tx

He is not using any unit ... he is plugging directly into the PC and expecting it to work! .... no wonder he is having issue.

Unless he has this:

24613.jpg

or .... the Emulator .... he will not get it to work as PhoenixRC is looking for a known Tx signal!

- - - Updated - - -

I am even using the emulator and it still gives me that message!

It is all in my playlist on how to fix it .... look through my videos......

Some things to know ..... you need to:
SEt EMULATOR AS ADMIN

SET PHONIXRC AS ADMIN

CALLIBRATE YOU TX IN WINDOWS

- - - Updated - - -

AND..... you have make sure ..... it is al in my vids ....:twothumbsup:

DAL2855

Banned
Ok finally got it to recognize the transmitter now, but what vjoystick software do I need to use to get this working properly? I have the smartpro software installed but it doesn't move any of the controls in the sim

DAL2855

Banned
I don't see anything that talks about the virtual joystick software Westy sorry I'm a complete idiot here! I need things explained in lamins terms sorry!

DAL2855

Banned
I can't seem to figure out this smartpropo plus software and how to configure it to calibrate the controller properly, when I start the sim, left stick is down and to the left all the way, and right stick is up and too the right all the way, and when I go into calibration of controller, I get absolutely no movement showing of the TX sticks. So I don't know what to do here. I've searched all over the internet and can't figure out how to configure this software properly to get it to work! Thanks guys in advance for helping me out here!

DAL2855

Banned
That's the software that allows windows to talk to the radio and sim simultaneously and changes the signal to something the sim understands.

Westy

LEGEND
Looks it is up to you what you do, my vids show you how to do it and what to use. If you want to go on your own path of discovery and find your own way to do it..... then of course we are unable to assist as we have not done what you are trying to do. (well I haven't anyway)

My Suggestion. Spend the $20.00 and get the 9 n 1 sim .... and you will save yourself hours of pain and suffering.

Just my 10 cents ..... not trying to sound blunt. but you have been given the options of what works in the above posts ......... entirely your choice on what you do of course.

Westy Out

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
From what I've read, you can't use the Turnigy 9X without this software in the sim. Windows doesn't see the radio without it, how am I supposed to calibrate the radio? If windows doesn't see it?

Westy

LEGEND
I am telling you different. There are 2 perfectly good methods to use that definitely work.

If you can't find it in windows .... that is also in my vids ... do some digging in my playlists ... PhoenixRC Tutorials - YouTube ..... please spend some time looking through them..... I spent all that time putting together for you and others that are having challenges ....

It is all in there and explains faster than I can type..... you can watch it over and over again if you need to .... that is the beauty of them!

Cheers

Top Bottom