450 Turn volume on....

Tony

Staff member
You don't need to trash it, but you do need to either oil the bearings, or replace them.

Admiral

It doesn't sound right, maybe a bearing on the way out.

What is the Turnigy motor worth? What is the Helicopter worth? I know what I would do.

No reflection on Turnigy motors, but they are built to a price, normally they are pretty good but occasionally you get a dud.

trainrider06

Yeah I don't know where I could find a bearing for this thing...I just had oiled this motor not long ago probably only 20 flights on it since then....Whats a decent motor that doesn't cost $80 bucks???
Ahhhh! Here's the problem!
Looks like I have had a crash in my future! image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

trainrider06

Yeah I found some used motors supposidly taken out of new helis on eVay for 42 shipped
Isn't that a 6s motor in the link provided Neil?? Or can you use that with 3s also?

You know I was thinking that this motor seemed a bit doggy now I know why! :(

trainrider06

Hi Neil, I ordered one off eBay I didn't want to put such a nice motor
Like the one on the link for this HK/Align mutt heli in it...it should be here by Tues of next week
maybe even Saturday. Then I can continue on with the gov mode project! :)

murankar

Staff member
for future referance bearings can be found at boca bearings. All you need is the Outside diameter (OD), inside diameter (ID) and the thickness of the bearing. With those in hand all you need to do is search for them at boca bearings. RC Bearings may have them also.

trainrider06

for future referance bearings can be found at boca bearings. All you need is the Outside diameter (OD), inside diameter (ID) and the thickness of the bearing. With those in hand all you need to do is search for them at boca bearings. RC Bearings may have them also.

Hey thanks murankar!

murankar

Staff member
No problem. It great to know you can replace a cheap bearing vs an expensive part.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom