Trying Something New

Tony

Staff member
This is the least smooth Crown I have had but they are trying to compete with real bourbon lol. It’s not bad though.

C8E3B445-BB8A-4B66-ADDF-C08D61089543.jpeg

Tony

Staff member
Well, I hate to say it, I had to "suffer" through that first glass of this stuff. The wife brought it home since it was something new in our local store and she knows I really like Crown. If I were to compare this to another bourbon, and I could swear they used this other bourbon to match, it's Evan Williams. I had a bottle of EA for a long time because the stuff had a very strong smell and my wife couldn't stand it. And harsh, man, I think you could swallow unleaded easier than this stuff lol.

It is Crown, but they are trying to compete with the real bourbons here in the US and that just isn't going to happen. It was worth a shot though and I got me a new bag lol.

Admiral

I think I'll stick with my Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, after your review, or JD if I feel like Bourbon.

bigone5500

Nice bag! I'm not a drinker but those bags from CR are very nice to keep stuff in. Someone gave me a gold one once. Must be some pricey juice!

Tony

Staff member
I think I'll stick with my Single Malt Scotch Whiskey, after your review, or JD if I feel like Bourbon.
I have tried scotch, but didn't much care for it. Too many flowery and sweet notes for me. But it was definitely smoother than this stuff lol. Especially a single malt. Let me know what you like and I will see if I can get my hands on it.
Ouch. Lol That was a brutal review. I’ll stick to sipping on shine..
I have thought about brewing me up some good ole shine. Just need some stainless steel pots (work as well as copper without the tarnish) and time to make it happen. As for the review, I wasn't trying to be brutal, just what I thought lol. Let me get a hold of some crown black and you will see a great review lol.
Nice bag! I'm not a drinker but those bags from CR are very nice to keep stuff in. Someone gave me a gold one once. Must be some pricey juice!
I have a metric ton of black crown bags. For a long time that was my only drink. It's an entire drawer full of bags. There are some purple bags in there and I think the gold one as well (I think gold is either the XR or the SR, special reserve). Just don't make the money I used to in order to afford a $70 bottle every week or so lol. I'm not an alcoholic, alcoholics have a problem, I have alcohol, so I have no problem! :chuckles:

liquid1

Tony, your review was brutally funny I should of said he he.. I’m not a drinker by any means but do like and apreciate the different mixes and flavors out there. They are now selling liquid fire around here it’s not the around the tree 140 proof more like 80 proof. I didn’t know CR had so many favors now nice..

Tony

Staff member
They definitely have a lot, that is for sure. And I have tried all of them except for XO. XR is really good, but just over prices. SR is great, but agian, over priced. Black IMO is where it's at. 90 proof, dark as can be and just full of flavor.

And just so everyone knows, I have me a glass of R&R every night. Very cheap, but actually quite good. And it is only $17 for a 1.75L. Much better than $70 lol.

Top Bottom