Trucks Truck Stand Ideas

bigone5500

I want to build a stand for my truck. I can simply put it on a 4x4 block but I want something that is good looking too. What have you guys done for a home built stand? Photos are a +.

Tony

Staff member
There are a lot of great stands out there for these trucks. As for making one, you could get a couple 4x4 blocks, drill a hole right in the center of both of them, but don't punch all the way through, them put a piece of pipe that just slightly keeps them from touching so that it can rotate. Or you can just get the one below lmao.

C22494GUN.jpg

Scott Marshall

I found a simple expedient (if you fish), a Bass-Pro shop fishing rod stand has a top rail about 6" wide and works good for my T-Maxx. I was looking for a place to test run it in the shop, and just kind of found the stand. Now I'm liking the principle.

It's a simple affair, and could be built in any height or length. It's basically 4 boards in a square, one is wide and forms the base (holds the rod handles just off the floor for it's intended purpose), and attached are 2 uprights and a board across the top (with rod clips on the original) which is just the right width for the T-Maxx chassis. (think shadow box for the board orientation) The wheels are free to turn and the car stays put well, although a layer of foam might be nice.

I wonder if fish like the smell of castor and nitro? Hope so.

Anyway,
I was thinking on building a smaller version that is hinged and folds up for the field, similar to a airplane stand. If you hinged the 2 uprights to the base and one end of the top (car mount) so the could fold inward, it could easily be made to fold down flat. The 4th corner could fit onto a peg or slot to lock it together, or you could put gussets int he corners for a non-folding version. It could be built tall like the original, or short for bench/tabletop use.
Lowes has some 1/4" poplar boards I've been making RC boxes etc from, and this could be put together with a minimum of cutting using them. Not as fancy as the tubing ones, but cheap, easy and ought to work well. Easy to customize too. A quick coat of stain and clear, and it would be a nice piece.

It's on my "do soon" list

I'll post photos/sketches as soon as I can.

Top Bottom