Trucks Truck Runs Forward When You Turn It On

graywolf71

I have a problem with my Planet Toys Nissan truck. Recently I went to run it, and every time I turned it on it ran in reverse for half a second, then was stuck running forward, both with and without the controller on. You can still reverse it with the controller, but as soon as you let off it goes forward instead of stopping. Checked the circuit board for bridged connections, etc. but saw nothing. Any idea what might be causing it? It's a 49Mhz system.

Tony

Staff member
Sorry for the late reply, been a crazy couple of days here at work (truck driver). Can you post a link to the truck you have? I would like to do some research on it to see if I can find anything. But for now you can check the transmitter trims and make sure they are correct and also make sure you didn't reverse the throttle. It happens to the best of us. If that solve it and the ESC is good, then I'm thinking this is either an ESC or a Tx issue.

graywolf71

I haven't found any mention of the truck online other than it being made by Planet Toys (it was probably a Walmart special or something). There's a website on the controller but it's no longer around (planettoysltd.com). It has a pistol grip controller with no trims, and like I said it does it with the transmitter off.

RandyDSok

and like I said it does it with the transmitter off.

That actually isn't a clue... In most cases you are suppose to turn the transmitter on first before you turn on the receiver so what it does if the trans is off may actually be typical when it isn't receiving a signal.... the other behavior when the the transmitter is on first isn't typical of course.

graywolf71

That actually isn't a clue... In most cases you are suppose to turn the transmitter on first before you turn on the receiver so what it does if the trans is off may actually be typical when it isn't receiving a signal.... the other behavior when the the transmitter is on first isn't typical of course.

It does it regardless if you turn the transmitter on first, then the truck or vice versa. It didn't do it before. I also used my scanner to check for any stray signals coming in from an outside source on the 49Mhz band and there was nothing.

Tony

Staff member
Have you by chance opened up the ESC (or any electronics on the truck for that matter) to see if there is any corrosion or burnt IC's on the board? Since there is no trims on the Tx and no reverse function, I'm thinking this may be a FET issue that died in the closed position, but reverse is able to over power it.

tntpoof

I dont think this is a hobby grade rc. I think its a toy grade as in all in 1 esc board and servo control..

graywolf71

Well after letting it sit for almost 2 months, I decided to try working on it again. I turned it on, and nothing. The truck didn't move on it's own. I have no idea what happened but it's working again.

Top Bottom