Micro troubles with dx8 (older model) and nano s3

rjustman

hey all. im a newbie to helis. just picked up a nano s3 and a used dx8 radio. i can not for the life of me figure out how to set the radio up to fly.. i can get it setup and toodle around but as far as getting the negative collective to work im at a loss. the instructions for the setup that came with the heli i believe are more specific to the dx6 model radios? i could be wrong but some of the stuff i cant see in the setup. theres no (-) pitch on the pitch curve on this radio. just a 0-100. as far as the mixing goes on the dx6 videos ive watched it looks pretty much like the instructions. as faras this dx8, not so much. this might be a wide open question but i am LOST.

thanks for any help

RJ

Admiral

The pitch is Negative fro 0 to 50 and positive 50 to 100 so that it mimics the travel of the Throttle the instruction for the DX6 should be pretty close for the DX8

rjustman

i got it figured out. i think. on the dx8 in the switch control screen i didnt change anything. so the gear was on the gyro switch. when i set up the mixes the instructions said

GER>GER 100/100 20% bias or something. i may be wrong but GER is same as GEAR on the switch control. so the FMODE switch would only control my throttle speed and not the pitch, the pitch was on the gyro switch. when i went to the switch screen and changed the gear from gyro to FMODE it seems to be working ok.

ive never had a specktrum radio. when i used to fly we had futaba and clothes pins on a board. so the whole binding and all this stuff is new. sorry for the stupid questions

Admiral

There are NO stupid questions, if you don't know ask, we have all been there.
Do you have the manual for the DX8 ? also there was/is a book called the DX8 Bible I found that great when I had mine.
The FMODE can give you three totally different configurations including Throttle, Pitch, Expo etc

rjustman

yeah i have all the different flight modes on the fmode switch now. no i do not have the manual. i bought the radio used to save some money and they guy had lost the manual. i printed the manual off of the internet though.. what had me screwed up is watching all the videos on YouTube of getting the Nano s3 setup, everyone had the dx6/e and the instructions were almost verbatim for that radio. i couldn't find the channel setup in the dx8 nor did i put 2 and 2 together that GER was GEAR. so i was just lost. hopefully i don't have this much trouble setting up the planes the guy gave us. he also gave us 4 airplanes when he found out this rig was for my son. he hooked us up quite a bit. made my kids day to say the least.

RandyDSok

Oh... BTW, when a company's own website lets you down and can't find a manual for whatever you are looking for... there's always a Google search that can often help.

rjustman

Oh... BTW, when a company's own website lets you down and can't find a manual for whatever you are looking for... there's always a Google search that can often help.
i downloaded the manual off line and also went to the company website. appreciate the help :thumbsup:

Admiral

If you go to Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology and register your DX8 you will be able to update the firmware and also have available hundreds of setup profiles for most BNF models.

I have downloaded the profile (SPM file) for the DX8 for Nano S3 which is attached I think it should work, other wise you will have to download after you register your Tx

Attachments

• Nano S3.SPM
    21 KB · Views: 31
Top Bottom