450 Trouble, Trouble And More Trouble....

Alex Evans

Hello pilots, and those like me - trying to be...
Bought myself a new Trex-450L Dominator DFC... I was under the impresion that it is an ARF, but was faced with a box filled with bits, and some surprises....
1) The ESC , RCE-BL70G comes with the 3 motor plugs, too small diameter for the already installed motor male plugs, replaced them...
2) The landing gear, when the machine rests on the skids, on the table, the tail fin is touching the table too, if it is by design, I must ask - why?
3) The instructions in the main manual about the MicroBeast Version 5 included in the box, don't match the instructions attached to the Beast itself...
4) I had an old Spektrum AR7000 , based on several YouTube clips it was suposed to be suitable, it turned out it is NOT. Obviously an Rx made in 2008, is not a good match for the Beast of 10 years+ later....
5) The "Cards" that come with the Beast and the actual manual of version 5, are describing setup steps not matching what the Beast is actually doing... Confirmed to me by an expert!
6) The various video clips on YouTube are showing old video setups, even the one with the 15 steps (excellent job) is not.

So, my questions are:
1) What will be my best option for an RX (My radio is a Spektrum DX9 Black)
2) Can I find anywhere correct setup instructions, where?

Cheers
Alex

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Alex. I'm sorry about the used heli you bought. That really sucks! My question to you is, 1) Did you buy the heli off of E-Bay or amazon via PayPal? 2) Do you want to keep it or send it back for a refund? If you PP to purchases the heli, If it was me, I would send it back. Save your money and purchases a new one. That way you start from sratch and you know what your getting is new. Sounds like someone just thew stuff in a box and call it a Trex 450 Dominator. If you want to keep it then, get rid of that ESC and get a Hobbywing or Castle creation ESC. The manual for the beastx can be found online. OneDriveLanding skid might be the wrong one or the tail blades are to big for it. As for the RX, I would go with something like this, Spektrum RC DSMX Remote Satellite Receiver [SPM9745] | Airplanes. Which ever way you go, keep it or not, I wish you the best :).

Alex Evans

Hey there Alex. I'm sorry about the used heli you bought. That really sucks! My question to you is, 1) Did you buy the heli off of E-Bay or amazon via PayPal? 2) Do you want to keep it or send it back for a refund? If you PP to purchases the heli, If it was me, I would send it back. Save your money and purchases a new one. That way you start from sratch and you know what your getting is new. Sounds like someone just thew stuff in a box and call it a Trex 450 Dominator. If you want to keep it then, get rid of that ESC and get a Hobbywing or Castle creation ESC. The manual for the beastx can be found online. OneDriveLanding skid might be the wrong one or the tail blades are to big for it. As for the RX, I would go with something like this, Spektrum RC DSMX Remote Satellite Receiver [SPM9745] | Airplanes. Which ever way you go, keep it or not, I wish you the best :).
Not sure if you read my message. I bought the heli from a legitimate RC shop, not ebay. The machine is new in a genuine Align Packaging
Thanks

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
My bad. I read it but i misuderstood it...sorry :(. I would still take it back and tell them your problem.

Smoggie

That is not the correct ESC for a 450L dominator. The 450 dominator should come with a RCE-BL45X ESC.. This no doubt explains why it didnt fit the connectors. The tail fin shouldn't touch the ground . was this with the battery installed?.. If not the heli might tip back on it's skids.

Might be an idea to check the other components to make sure they are correct. Do you have the 3S or the 6S version, they use different motors.

If it were me I'd be talking to the dealer about the ESC, looks like they may have borrowed an ESC out of the kit at some point and replaced it with a one they thought 'near enough'. I'd guess it would be hard to fit the 70A ESC in the place intended for the ESC?

Alex Evans

That is not the correct ESC for a 450L dominator. The 450 dominator should come with a RCE-BL45X ESC.. This no doubt explains why it didnt fit the connectors. The tail fin shouldn't touch the ground . was this with the battery installed?.. If not the heli might tip back on it's skids.

Might be an idea to check the other components to make sure they are correct. Do you have the 3S or the 6S version, they use different motors.

If it were me I'd be talking to the dealer about the ESC, looks like they may have borrowed an ESC out of the kit at some point and replaced it with a one they thought 'near enough'. I'd guess it would be hard to fit the 70A ESC in the place intended for the ESC?

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, I will follow that. I still need to decide what RX to get, I prefer something from Spektrum, but which one?
Cheers

Smoggie

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, I will follow that. I still need to decide what RX to get, I prefer something from Spektrum, but which one?
Cheers
If it were mine I'd go the SPM4648. This is a diversity antenna remote receiver. It gives a more secure signal than the standard Spektrum satellite receiver due to it's diversity antenna (basically it's like having two receivers) . This just plugs into the satellite port in the side of the FBL like a standard satellite receiver.

Top Bottom