450 Trouble Binding A Gy401 Gyro

Rolland Huff

I have a Trex450 that have been working on this was an inherited heli so some of the background is murky. It has a new Spektrum AR 6115e receiver and a GY 401 gyro. I am using a DX6i tx. The problem is after setting up the TX using the video off Utube I can get all the setting correct and the rudder adjustments work according to the video. but the problem is I cannot get the gyro to give me a steady light when binding, it goes from a fast flash to a slow flash on binding. and altho the head is working ok I have no rudder control it wants to rotate either hard counter clock wise rotation. The adjustments show the HH and Gain change with the switch but still no control. I am at a loss. I need guidance

Tony

Staff member
I'm confused, you dont' bind the gyro... You only bind the receiver. And have you went in the tx and setup the gyro gains? Also, have you setup the tail gyro?

Rolland Huff

Well I thought I had but perhaps not?? This is new stuff to me so its like learning to walk. I grew up analog and have been drug into the digital world. I have been using the videos but I may have not set up the gyro correctly. My confusion is that what I have read is that the gyro is supposed to show a steady light after being set up all I can get with the TX settings is a slow blinking light. The gyro shows Rate - 0 : 60% and 1 : 40% , sub trim gyro 0 . Gyro pots are set at middle settings . Moving the switch to the #1 setting the rudder will center with the toggle and it should with HH mode but when the rpm comes up it loses control directional control and spins CCW

Tony

Staff member
I have never liked the 401 quite honestly. I love the Align GP780 that I have on my one and only flybar helicopter. But Heading Hold mode shouldn't center the tail blades. They should stay pitched until the tail reaches the "Heading" it was told to go to. Rate mode is what will center. Make sure you have the tail gyro signal wire (gyro rate wire) in the correct orientation, and make sure you have it plugged into channel 5 of your Rx. If you want a better MEMS gyro and not the Piezoelectric that the 401 is, look for the hobbyking GA-250 gyro. It is a fantastic gyro for what you pay for it.

Top Bottom