Tri Tricopter Videos

Lee

Here it is. The official Maiden flight of my Tricopter. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Here is the second flight. The wind had picked up. Settings need to be tweaked. It tends to flare hard when nose into wind but i compensated for that with a couple of clicks forward elev.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith

Thats great Lee... I gotta get mine in the air now after seeing that... As soon as my eye is right I'll be out there.. Can't drive atm so I'm stuck here for a few more days..
Saw a vid on youtube yesterday of a guy who set his up in reverse so it flys with one boom leading like something out of StarWars...

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Lookin' Good!

I had an idea for you ... I don't know if you solved your issue with the arms folding in, but was thinking you could drill a hole down through the triangular body top, arm, and down through the bottom body. Then, take a 16 penny nail (or nail of your choice), cut it to length and pin the arms in place. You could then put another couple of holes through the body which could be used to pin the arms in place for shipment. I have seen nails which have an extended head on them which would work well, or you could even use a small bolt cut to the right length (or purchased at the right length) if you wanted to. It would just keep your flight arms from moving when you didn't want them moving was my thinking. Looking again at the first video, you could even drill a hole down next to where the arm sits at its extended position and it would hold it tight during flight.

Top Bottom