General Trex800 DFC pro

Tony

Staff member
That thing sounds absolutely fantastic!!! I know it cost you a little more than you had planned, but I think you have an awesome beast right there!!! Keep the videos coming of that bad boy!

Tony,
Will do mate. Trying to get it to handle at the same flip and roll rate as my trex550 and Goblin 570. The technology is more up to date on those than the AR7200 but I will get there.
Chris

Tony

Staff member
Just remember the 800 has a lot more weight so it will normally flip quite a bit slower than a 500-600 size helicopter.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's one awesome sweet sounding beast of a bird you have there Chris and some good flying too :arms:.

I try D.O.G,
Still learning every day... as do we all. It will eventually be cutting the grass etc, but until I get familiar with it it will stay upright...
It was a complete disaster when I had it... completely bodged. Since found out the guy has form and had done it to another guy here in th UK. Guy on another forum responded to a post I started to warn other pilots. He recognised him and had been sold a basket case too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully get some better video of it in better weather when it's sorted

Smoggie

Looks like she's flying nicely Chris, good work in getting it sorted out. It's a shame that there are these scammers in the hobby miss-selling helis. You have made me nervous because I'm due to collect a second hand heli on Saturday, the guy I'm buying from seems very genuine though. Hopefully your guy didn't come from the Chester area?

Smoggie,
You should be ok mate, this guy is from Poole in Dorset. There are a lot of genuinely helpful guys out there selling second hand heli's, just that my seller isn't one of them. I bought a goblin 570 from a guy in Leeds 18 months ago and that heli was fantastic. High spec and as described, travelled up to collect and he threw in an ammo box and another optipower battery for travelling up with cash. There's just always one you would like to bump into at a heli show.... if you know what I mean

Smoggie

Thanks Chris, logic was telling me that the chance of it being the same guy was remote but this confirms it's not your guy.

As for the agility question on the 800... I have a Goblin 770 and I notice the same thing, it's super smooth and stable but when it comes to manoeuvres that need 'snappy' response its not as good. I'm going to try to up the agility settings in my FBL and see what that does. Other people report that different (lighter) blades make a big difference on the Goblin. It's never been an issue until recently, I've started to try tic-tocs which really show up the difference between it and my other helis, even the 700s response is noticeably more snappy.

holtneil

Hi mate its a lovely heli and flies well as is , your a top pilot keep the videos coming I love the sound of the big helis

Derek

WOW Chris! That was great! That 800 looks "stupid stable"!!! I loved the autos, too! Really good flight!!!

Top Bottom