600 Trex600n Pitches Hard To Left At Spool Up

Tony Goodman

Heli pitches to the left and can not lift off. Beastx 3.0 FBL.. First thought was vibration and found clutch loose. that was fixed and still pitches. I am truly at a loss on where to look next. I have even tried to input aileron to the right with no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tony

Staff member
Check the correction direction. When you hold the helicopter and roll to the left, the swash should pitch to the right. When you pitch forward, the swash should pitch backwards. If you can get us a video of what it is doing (without risk of the helicopter getting damaged), that would help out a lot. Even if you can just get us a video of you moving the heli around by hand to see the swash movement.

Tony Goodman

I checked the correction direction of the swash and it is and it is correcting itself as it should. It is raining here this morning so I will get a video as soon as it lets up.

Check the correction direction. When you hold the helicopter and roll to the left, the swash should pitch to the right. When you pitch forward, the swash should pitch backwards. If you can get us a video of what it is doing (without risk of the helicopter getting damaged), that would help out a lot. Even if you can just get us a video of you moving the heli around by hand to see the swash movement.

Tony Goodman

The only method to video is with my iphone. I tried to upload and it is too large (9.7mb). Any suggestions?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately we just don't have the server space to allow for uploads directly to the site. Sure wish we did though lol.

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you have it set to Public or Unlisted. I think it may just be processing, but just in case.

Tony Goodman

Let me try to give the whole story behind this situation. Was flying one day and all was well, was at the end of my flight and came into land. As I was landing the heli suddenly pitched hard to the left and crashed. Heli repaired one servo damaged and replaced, all other damaged parts replaced. After all repairs I re-setup the heli and its still pitches. I did read in a forum to replace the main shaft, I thought I did that in the repair but I replaced it again. I don't know if that helps.

Tony Goodman

I replaced the feathering shaft with no improvement. I did see that my thrust bearings need replacing. I'm not sure what was meant by "check my servos to see if one is playing up"? I did remove the blades and ran the motor up. The swash is pitching to the left on run up. It really seems like there is I put being made somehow. I have a DX9 and have my trim tabs disabled. I also checked for any sub trim.

check to see if one of your servos is playing up

Geena

Staff member
To me, it sounds like it could be one of two things. 1. the gyro mounting tape needs to be replaced, or 2. there is a bad sensor in the beastx. Try replacing the gyro tape, and run it up again. if the swash plate still tilts on spool up, it mat be a good idea to get hold of microbeast to arrange to send it to them for inspection.

Tony Goodman

Ok update on my progress, I did a firmware update which produced no results. So then I emailed microbeast for RMA information. While I was waiting for their response I decided to apply some light tension on the controller. I strapped down the controller with light tension. Now my heli is airborne with no issues. I set it down quickly because I knew I had very little juice in my batteries. Now there is nothing I could find that said this was a good idea. Opinions or suggestions please?????

Tony

Staff member
There is a common way to secure a gyro which is a zip tie with fuel tubing around it and actually lightly strap the gyro down. It helps in high vibration situations. If it works, ziptie it with some fuel tubing around it and call it good.

Tony Goodman

I know the 3M tape you are talking about, Tony spoke about using a zip tie but I was using velcro strap. Would you still strap it down with the 3M tape?

Geena

Staff member
I have never strapped a FBL unit down myself. But I have seen it done. I have just never seen the advantage of it.

Top Bottom